1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

'12 TX QB Tyler Stehling (Signed to Rice)

Discussion in 'University of Colorado Recruiting Archive' started by Buffnik, May 10, 2011.

1. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

Rivals
    Scout
    ESPN
    247 Sports

[​IMG]
    Klein Collins H.S. (Klein, TX)

Ht: 6-foot-6
    Wt: 203 lbs
    40: 4.72 secs

Rivals rating: 3*-5.5rr; unranked dual threat QB
    Scout rating: 2*; #88 QB
    ESPN rating: unranked QB
    247s rating: 3*-80 rating; #67 pro style QB

Reported Offers: Colorado, Arizona, Louisville, Louisiana-Lafayette, Rice, Western Michigan

2. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

All-District QB for Klein Collins, leading the team to an 11-1 record and a district championship (Texas 5A) and regional semifinals.

Couldn't find any film, but I found a feature article on Stehling. He is unsure whether to pursue football or baseball in college. Very good athlete, who actually played WR his sophomore season. Gave up basketball this year to concentrate on only the 2 sports.

I first saw the offer reported on BuffScoop, with Rivals also showing the offer when I checked.

3. White_Rabbit

White_Rabbit Club Member Club Member

If you search youtube for Klein Collins there's a few videos of their game highlights. You can see Stehling a few times, but he is mostly handing off or running in the spread formation. You could count the number of times he threw the ball on one hand, and they were mostly screen passes.

4. JRK1212

JRK1212 Troll

Since he's a good athlete and our staff prefers traditional pocket passers I wonder if were looking at him as a TE/WR.

5. White_Rabbit

White_Rabbit Club Member Club Member

6. 66BUFF

66BUFF FTW Club Member

great choice if he wants to try baseball and football...always wondered why Rice does not stash more baseball players on the football team