What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'12 TX RB Dennis Smith

I hope that our staff would take Smith and Payne if possible, nothing wrong with quality depth and Smith may end up at FB or LB anyways. Rivals lists him as a FB and 247 Sports as an ATH.

I suppose. Smith does not really move the dial for me either way.

he's a little small for a FB and I am not sure his frame is the type that could add the bulk necessary... but who knows?

If he played FB he might be more like James Hill than Brandon Drumm or George Hemingway. Hill wasn't quite the prototypical blocker you'd like to have, but he was much more dangerous than your average FB with the ball in his hands.

Smith has decent speed when he gets going, but his first couple of steps look slow to me. He doesn't excite me much as a tailback. I'd love to have him as a FB, though.

Last edited:
Interesting update from Rivals -

"Basically, A&M told me I'm homeless and they needed to see a little more stability," he said July 14. "I moved away from Wimberley and I guess it showed them that I wasn't interested, and that wasn't the case."

"As of right now, I'm just hoping to go anywhere," he said. "My number one priority is family first. I want to go to a college that's a place with a good family atmosphere, because that's something that I've always been lacking and I want. I definitely want to visit Wake Forest and Colorado," he said. "Wake Forest has been showing a lot of interest. With Colorado, I talk to the coaches and they make me feel pretty good, at home."

http://colorado.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1240489

Hhttp://colorado.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1240489e's also picked up and offer from Michigan.

Back