What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'12 TX RB Terrence Crowder (Signed to Colorado)

What I like about him is even though they did run 2 plays the entire tape, he didn't just cut it outside and try to turn it into a track meet every carry. he can go inside, break it outside, and make some moves in the open field. maurice jones drew is a good comparison

You must have watched a different clip than I did. In the clip on page 1 here, he gets the ball and pretty much runs forward. A little hip movement, but he's not juking guys out of their shorts, he's running through or around them.

You must have watched a different clip than I did. In the clip on page 1 here, he gets the ball and pretty much runs forward. A little hip movement, but he's not juking guys out of their shorts, he's running through or around them.
He made some guys miss and a few got run over. He is not a dancer at or behind the line. After contact he keeps moving forward.

The fact that he's from a town right by Houston and has very little interest from others programs is certainly a concern. That said, he looked pretty impressive in that video to me, so I'm willing to assume EB has seen more and was impressed enough to offer a guy that pretty much wants to commit.

The only thing that concerns me slightly is there is a HUGE dropoff from the players we initially offered to players like Crowder.

You mean the guys like Sanders, Shell, Kimbrow, Gray and Walton? Yeah. We're definitely below that 1st tier.

I think we need a year of space from the previous offense and the prospects who remember Darrell Scott before we're in the running for a Top 10 RB.

RB's are so hit and miss, even in the NFL draft. I believe in Scooter. The next 3 years are going to be epic.

Great awareness and hits the holes, as well as other people. Too bad his offer list sucks.

Kid looks great. MJD lite. Who cares if others haven't caught on or rivals doesn't think he's that great. I trust EB over pseudo GM Online posters/non-football playing writers at rivals.

Bam.

You mean the guys like Sanders, Shell, Kimbrow, Gray and Walton? Yeah. We're definitely below that 1st tier.

I think we need a year of space from the previous offense and the prospects who remember Darrell Scott before we're in the running for a Top 10 RB.

I never counted on getting those players. I am talking about the next tier below those guys.

I guess I am just not seeing it with Crowder. Solid player, but nothing special that jumps off the screen. More importantly, I really want us to upgrade team speed. Crowder seems like another player with nice quickness, but I am not sure if he has that next gear to be a home run threat. It has been missing on offense from the RB position for a while now.

I never counted on getting those players. I am talking about the next tier below those guys.

I guess I am just not seeing it with Crowder. Solid player, but nothing special that jumps off the screen. More importantly, I really want us to upgrade team speed. Crowder seems like another player with nice quickness, but I am not sure if he has that next gear to be a home run threat. It has been missing on offense from the RB position for a while now.

Did you watch the same video I did? In many cases once in space he turned on the afterburners and flat out, out ran the secondary. If what nik said is true about a 4.48 in the 40, I would expect that to drop a little his senior year and a year in training with our staff. If he dropped that down near a 4.4, with his size, I don't know a LB, S, or CB who would want to try and get in his way. At right around 210 the kid would be tough to stop.

Did you watch the same video I did? In many cases once in space he turned on the afterburners and flat out, out ran the secondary. If what nik said is true about a 4.48 in the 40, I would expect that to drop a little his senior year and a year in training with our staff. If he dropped that down near a 4.4, with his size, I don't know a LB, S, or CB who would want to try and get in his way. At right around 210 the kid would be tough to stop.

I like this kid too. Runs alot like EB did backinnaday.

I can name off double-digit numbers of great (NFL-caliber) RB's who never ran a 4.48 40 without trying too hard. Being able to run through a DB without slowing down is better than being able to outrun them. If the other team's safety can't bring him down in the open field, he's a homerun threat.

4.48 handheld is not a true 4.48. So I doubt he will ever drop to anywhere near 4.4 flat. I am not going to be pissed by any means if we end up getting Crowder, but at some point, we need to upgrade the overall speed and athleticism on offense in a big way.

Nothing against Crowder... but if I or anyone would have told the majority of Buff fans at the time of his hiring that Bieniemy's first RB commit (assuming) of the '12 class would be an RB with no BCS offers... I would have been told I'm crazy. We all knew Bieniemy was going to have 5*'s begging to walk-on to play for him:popcorn:

Just watched his film again. Crowder runs with good balance and hits the hole. Very good about getting north-south with just enough patience to set up his blocks without getting caught dancing. Not the type of guy who is going to have many negative runs. Makes a lot of subtle cuts to avoid taking big hits. Gets the defenders off balance while he keeps his momentum going up the field. Finishes his runs falling forward. Shows good vision and field awareness. Probably not faster in a straight line than Pac-12 linebackers.

I'm certainly not going to put him in the same class as the NFL's all-time leading rusher, but Emmitt Smith is a good comparable as far as running style.

That's about what I'd say too nik. He isn't a track star, but he has a pretty good burst. His body type reminds me of MJD, but he obviously lacks the straight line speed MJD has. Mark Ingram is a good recent comparison, poor 40 time, but incredible 10 yard time. Burst > 40 time.

Overall we would all like to have the RBs who are great athletes like Adrian Peterson who can do everything but those guys are few and far between. It's nice to have a RB who is a threat to go the distance any time he gets past the first line of defense. Down side is that a lot of the guys who have that burning speed either take some time to get to that speed or lack the ability to break or avoid the tackles before they get to that position.

So the question come down to what is more important, a guy who can give you 4-6 40+ yard runs a season or a guy who can turn 20-30 short gains into 15-25 yard gains. From a standpoint of winning football games that bunch of shorter burst is more important than a few big gains. If Crowder is a guy who can consistently make positive yardage and make a bunch of those burst I would love to have him as a Buff.

Az is reporting on his home page that the kid will be committing officially on Monday. Az apparently has talked to the kid personally and has the info straight. So one commit from camp so far?

Az is reporting on his home page that the kid will be committing officially on Monday. Az apparently has talked to the kid personally and has the info straight. So one commit from camp so far?

Not here for the camp afaik. So if he commits on Monday, it will be because his mom and he decided that it's such a lock they don't need to see the campus first. I can only imagine how blown away he'll be when he does visit and gets to see this place. Gonna be blown away and so happy with his decision.

I know others are down that he isnt a top teir back, but I have to say I am a fan. His film looks great (I know its supposed to). Love his size. Love the fact that he WANTS to be here. This is his top pick. Feels good to say that about a talented guy like this.

He told the staff he's committing on Monday? Why wouldn't he just committ when he told them this? Recruting is weird.

Like his tough running style, a player that will only get better with EB coaching. A lot of backs in the country wish they have a top coach like EB.

He told the staff he's committing on Monday? Why wouldn't he just committ when he told them this? Recruting is weird.

I think he told AZ that he decided to make the phone call to the CU coaches on Monday to commit. It is weird that a prospect would tell a web site ahead of the coaches, but AZ has been on this story from the beginning and seems to have built a relationship.

No, people are leaking paid info on here and people can't even get that info right.

On his free home site. Not paid info.

And I dont think I ever said he told that staff he was committing. I just said that he was and AZ knows this because he talked to him.

Some people cant even get their info right...

Last edited:
Nothing against Crowder... but if I or anyone would have told the majority of Buff fans at the time of his hiring that Bieniemy's first RB commit (assuming) of the '12 class would be an RB with no BCS offers... I would have been told I'm crazy. We all knew Bieniemy was going to have 5*'s begging to walk-on to play for him:popcorn:

I was also really hoping for some major recruits at RB. Crowder Goodson and him are real sleeper types so that's 2 RB spots now with no blue chipper. Not what I expected :popcorn:.

I was also really hoping for some major recruits at RB. Crowder Goodson and him are real sleeper types so that's 2 RB spots now with no blue chipper. Not what I expected :popcorn:.

Maybe I had lower expectations. I thought that in the first full year of recruiting EB would start pulling in some more talent, some more size, and some more speed at the RB position but I never got my hopes up for a blue chip prospect, only because we have yet to play a single game. If we have a rushing attack that nets 2500yds+ on the season you can bet there will be Blue Chip RBs lining up to play in EB's offense.

Back