What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'12 TX SG Alex Caruso (Signed to Texas A&M)

Evan Daniels:

Word is Alex Caruso is off the board and headed to Texas A&M. Haven't confirmed with him yet.

A LOT to be proud of here. The fact that Boyle almost got him when he openly described aTm as his "dream school" is huge.

Looks like CU bball has arrived. Should we bust out the unicorns? This **** aint over.

****. Oh well. It's fantastic that were in discussion with these recruits, especially since his dad is in the AD.

:(

It´s a bit frustrating when you always have to look for positives in not finishing first.

Hopefully this helps sanders pull the trigger for CU and maybe Xavier Johnson too. But I heard he wasn't making a decision until tomorrow.

harrumph. Seriously, College ****ing station? Hope his dad gets a new job somewhere better.

I'm thinking Sanders to Maryland now.

:nod:

Edit: I just posted the following on BuffScoop and wanted to also put it on our board.

For the folks that don't follow hoops recruiting very closely, here's how this one kind of played out:

1) Turgeon had Caruso and Sanders as Texas A&M locks.
2) Caruso and Sanders developed a bond and played together.
3) Turgeon left for Maryland.
4) Both Caruso and Sanders considered Maryland, but Caruso eliminated them.
5) Likewise, Sanders didn't want to go to Texas A&M any more (or his offer wasn't still good, not sure).
6) Sanders became a Maryland lean.
7) Colorado became the mutual "next best option" for both if they wanted to play together.
8) Main connections were Boyle playing with Sanders' dad at Kansas and Rohn having a relationship with Caruso's dad from aTm.
9) Now that Caruso chose aTm, the smart money is on Sanders going to Maryland.

Of course im more willing to say this now but honestly honest this kid didn't pass the eye test at all.

Of course im more willing to say this now but honestly honest this kid didn't pass the eye test at all.

Hm, I completely disagree. IMO, basketball isn't like football where you look at a guy in warm ups and a lot of the time they are also a producer on the field. I even read one report where they said in warm ups, you'd disregard Caruso immediately but once the game starts, he stands out. Maybe that's what you meant.

Hm, I completely disagree. IMO, basketball isn't like football where you look at a guy in warm ups and a lot of the time they are also a producer on the field. I even read one report where they said in warm ups, you'd disregard Caruso immediately but once the game starts, he stands out. Maybe that's what you meant.

That is what I meant. If he came up to me and bet me 20 bucks on a game of 1 on 1 and I knew nothing about him I would take the bet.

A note from an ESPN article:

After the Colorado trip, Mike said his son knew it was time to make a decision but the Buffaloes almost threw a wrench into the Aggies deal. "A lot of people thought it was a slam dunk but I can tell you in all candor and honesty that he was probably 50-50 (the day before the decision)," Mike said. "Colorado made it very tough; they did an excellent job."

http://insider.espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/blog/_/name/telep_dave

Great find.

Like 'Nik said, the fact that we were even in the running on this kid speaks volumes.

Back