What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'12 TX TE Sean Irwin (Signed to Colorado)

Nice write-up by 247sports from the Texas 7on7 championship that moett found:

Sean Irwin, TE, Houston Cy-Fair
It's not a great year for tight ends in Texas, but Irwin proved that he's one of the best. He's got a good frame at 6-foot-4, 230 pounds and ran the seam well for the Bobcats. He's a big target over the middle and his ability to whip his head and look the ball in the move was impressive for a big guy. Boise State, Colorado and Rice are his top three schools among his nearly double-digit offer list.

http://247sports.com/Article/Texas-7-on-7-Impressions-Day-3-31730

Can I say it here first: **** Boise ST and their rule breaking ways. Looking forward to a few down years for them.

Can I say it here first: **** Boise ST and their rule breaking ways. Looking forward to a few down years for them.

Except have you checked their recruits? Star-wise, they look almost identical as ours on Rivals, with mostly 3s and a 4. Not sure you get that wish.

Except have you checked their recruits? Star-wise, they look almost identical as ours on Rivals, with mostly 3s and a 4. Not sure you get that wish.

They have nowhere to go but down. Given their resources, they've already been amazingly good at sustaining success. Even Texas has down years.

Lots of rumors bubbling about infractions for them. If the NCAA starts hitting them up, there isn't enough there to sustain a bcs busting program, Chris Peterson or not.

I guess I don't understand the attitude towards Boise. Aren't they somebody who we should be cheering for? Isn't the big boy dominated world of college football the scourge? Maybe I'm in the minority but I'd rather cheer for Boise to do well than I would for the Tejas, USC, Florida and OSU's of the world.

I still don't like losing recruits to them, however.

I guess I don't understand the attitude towards Boise. Aren't they somebody who we should be cheering for? Isn't the big boy dominated world of college football the scourge? Maybe I'm in the minority but I'd rather cheer for Boise to do well than I would for the Tejas, USC, Florida and OSU's of the world.

I still don't like losing recruits to them, however.
hawkins

Problem with Boise is listening to them run their mouths that they are the greatest thing since sliced bread because they can run through a schedule of such powerhouses as San Jose, New Mexico State, Louisiana Tech, and Idaho along with 2-3 respectable games a year.

It will be interesting to see them in upcoming seasons in the MWC. The MWC is no SEC but it does include a few more respectable teams (TCU for a year, AFA, etc.) and the bottom isn't quite as bad as the WAC. Still not a schedule to be proud of but at least a little more respectable.

They still are a bunch of mouthy, arrogant, idiots who play on a smurf field against a bunch of midget programs then think they are the same as a team that won the SEC, PAC, Big XII, Big 10 or other legit conference.

I hope that Sean thinks about the difference between playing in a bunch of MWC stadiums versus playing in a conference like the PAC. I would hope he wants to play at the highest possible level in addition to getting the opportunity to go to a school like CU compared to a glorified JC.

Last edited:
I'm just glad we have a lot more Boise talk around here lately. Can never get enough of that stuff.

Nice to finally get a TE. Sean fractured his fibula this month but it will not require surgery and he will play part of his SR year

Congratulations, Sean and Jeromy, have just committed to CU!!!! Guess you are officially "Buffs" now.

Yes, we will go back to the dr in a couple of weeks and see how the fracture is healing. I hate that he had this bump in the road his Senior year but . . stuff happens and he is really exciting about coming to CU. I was about the last in the house to know today, lol. I had already told Kanavis it was a matter of weeks, I know them all too well and CU was where they wanted to be. "Go Buffs"

Welcome to the family, boys (and mom). Get ready for the best 4-5 years of your life.

Welcome Irwins!! Ann Henry, I'd like to catch a game later in the fall when the weather cools. I'd love a suggestion for a game to attend? Thanks.

Yes, we will go back to the dr in a couple of weeks and see how the fracture is healing. I hate that he had this bump in the road his Senior year but . . stuff happens and he is really exciting about coming to CU. I was about the last in the house to know today, lol. I had already told Kanavis it was a matter of weeks, I know them all too well and CU was where they wanted to be. "Go Buffs"

Huge props to Kanavis for his efforts on the recruiting trail since becoming a college coach. He's done wonders getting the CU name back to his hometown programs in such a short time and I'm glad the Buffs have resurfaced in Houston after being a strong pull from those schools from the McCartney through Barnett eras. I am proud that Colorado can sell prep athletes from my former state on their upside with the new leadership and the exciting opportunity to head west in a new and growing conference. Hoping more potential in the Big 12 South footprint sees the changes in conference long-term viability and it makes us an even more attractive option.

Glad to get both Irwins and strengthen our 2012 class. Welcome Sean and Jeromy!

Back