What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'12 TX WR Connor Crane (Signed to Stanford)

Crane looks like a game changer, 6'4" guy with good speed, that can run routes well. Pls tell me how do you define a game changer at the wR position. What must he do to be considered a game changer.?

When I think of a game changer, I think of someone with an elite element to their game. Crane is tall and has decent speed, but I would not call him fast. He runs solid well, but solid route running at the high school level can be overstated. More than anything, I would consider a game changer to be someone you point to in a recruiting class as a centerpiece, a skill position player you build an offense around. Again, Crane would be a nice addition to the 2012 class, but I am not sure he is a guy you build around.

When I think of a game changer, I think of someone with an elite element to their game. Crane is tall and has decent speed, but I would not call him fast. He runs solid well, but solid route running at the high school level can be overstated. More than anything, I would consider a game changer to be someone you point to in a recruiting class as a centerpiece, a skill position player you build an offense around. Again, Crane would be a nice addition to the 2012 class, but I am not sure he is a guy you build around.

Game changer to me is someone that can make plays that win you games, Crane can do that. He blocks in the running game, he can make the deep catches, he is red zone weapon, he is a game changer.

Game changer, to me, is a player the other team changes it's game plan to account for, but doesn't expect to be wholly successful containing him.

Game changer, to me, is a player the other team changes it's game plan to account for, but doesn't expect to be wholly successful containing him.

That is a good, concise definition right there.

The two WR offers that really stick out to me are Thomas Johnson and Jordan Payton. Not just because they have the big-time offers either. Those two make a 40-yard TD look routine, so smooth.

Speed does kill, but I would take a good route runner that has football smarts, has good size and catches first. Smarts is overlooked ina big way. Not that I know if this kid has smarts, but thats what I want in a WR.

Hey, just a thought, but would it make sense to have this conversation in its own thread under "allbuffs discusses what we need in a wide receiver" and WR candidates in general, and not in Connor's thread, where the focus can be his strengths and his recruitment?

Impressive in the video clip, He has game speed, and he like Eddie Mac is willing to block in the running game. I expect him to be rated in the top 20 at his position. He would be an excellent addition to the progam, if he can land him and Powe we would set for the 2012 class for WR.

Impressive to see a high school kid running TD routs on the same field where the super bowl was played, and still look like he belongs there.

Hey, just a thought, but would it make sense to have this conversation in its own thread under "allbuffs discusses what we need in a wide receiver" and WR candidates in general, and not in Connor's thread, where the focus can be his strengths and his recruitment?

Agree, this is a good conversation but I don't think it belongs in a recruits thread.

The whole conversation is centered around how good a prospect Crane is for the 2012 class.

Looks like a solid prospect, but not a game changer.....yet. With good coaching and time in the weight room he could.

A game changer is someone whos jersey is sold at the book store like Ben Kelly, Jashon Sykes and Cody Hawkins.

BB, just curious, but did you consider Jordan Shipley a game changer?

To me a game changer is the guy who seems to get the ball every time you turn around even if you turn around. Unless you have somebody like Crabtree or Ishmial sitting in your lineup, I don't ever see a WR as the guy you build around.

Edit - I'm not comparing Crane's skills to Shipley's.

BB, just curious, but did you consider Jordan Shipley a game changer?

To me a game changer is the guy who seems to get the ball every time you turn around even if you turn around. Unless you have somebody like Crabtree or Ishmial sitting in your lineup, I don't ever see a WR as the guy you build around.

Edit - I'm not comparing Crane's skills to Shipley's.

Absolutely. Shipley had a major impact in games on offense and in the return game. He just about carried that UT team on his back in the national championship game against Bama, along with several other games his junior and senior seasons.

I would also mostly agree that you should never build an offense solely around a WR, but he can certainly be a big part. As far as Crane goes, will be interesting to see where he fits in with the other WRs we take in this class.

I would also like to point out that there's a world of difference between a "game changer" on the recruiting trail and a "game changer" in actual college competition. Lots of 2* and low- or mid-level 3* prospects end up being game changers. Truth is, we don't know. We see scouting reviews, watch film, see offer lists. It tells us who is a "blue chip", who is a level below that, and who is a "sleeper". Happens every year that a sleeper or two end up being the game changers in a recruiting class. Hell, look at USC with Matthews - one of the greatest historical runs of recruiting LBs and the guy who ends up mentioned as a potential NFL defensive MVP down the road was the walk on.

Don't care what anybody says on this thread, Connnor Crane is a game Changer. And he is visiting with his parents, the guy is high on CU, could be our next commit.

He is visiting in this month?

According to BuffScoop, he was on campus today for an unofficial visit.

As a reminder, let's not re-post premium content until it has aged or been reported by multiple sources. When we do report from other sites, we need to credit them. And if the info is something you also got independently from the other site, please identify that you did so as to avoid any confusion. I should make this my sig. :lol:

Several signs pointing to Lawrence, KS in this recruitment unfortunately. Hope Kennedy has some pull here.

The QB looks pretty good. Maybe not a "game changer" though, but pretty good....
The WR has been well coached. He looks like he's ready to play right away, even though I'm sure he's not nearly as filled out as he will one day be. CU needs some WR depth quickly that's for sure.

Based on his metrics and film, I wouldn't offer him. I think Embree etal is looking for more speed outside. Let Turner Gill tutor him. Anyone who tries to decide between Kansas and CU should probably go to Kansas. There are so many more talented wide outs available.

Back