What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'12 TX WR Jeffrey Thomas (Signed to Colorado - GS)

I sat and watched Hawk pull in recruit after recruit who had no BCS offers and I saw what that did to the program. Lots of them are really good - Jalil Brown, etc, but a class of them does not bode well. Right now we have 5 commits and only one has another BCS offer. Sure there could be legitimate reasons such as injuries, under the radar, legacy, etc., but I'm not just going to sit here like with the last regime and applaude their recruiting prowess when they take kids other programs don't want.

You're entitled to your opinion and I'm entitled to mine. We'll find out whose right in 3-4 years.

I sat and watched Hawk pull in recruit after recruit who had no BCS offers and I saw what that did to the program. Lots of them are really good - Jalil Brown, etc, but a class of them does not bode well. Right now we have 5 commits and only one has another BCS offer. Sure there could be legitimate reasons such as injuries, under the radar, legacy, etc., but I'm not just going to sit here like with the last regime and applaude their recruiting prowess when they take kids other programs don't want.

You're entitled to your opinion and I'm entitled to mine. We'll find out whose right in 3-4 years.
Did you just ignore what everyone wrote about the offers?

I think our on-field performance is gonna have to change before our recruiting class changes dramatically.

I hope that is not entirely true. There are several top players who are deciding this summer that we are in good shape with, players that could change the outlook of the class in a hurry.

I know that we will have to show something on the field this fall, but we also need some guys to jump on board before September. Going into the season with another 20+ spots to fill would not be a good position to be in.

One thing I will give you as far as Thomas goes-there is a consensus Thomas is talented, but there are also lingering questions about why it has not necessarily translated to the field yet. There have been injury issues, but also plenty of untapped potential. He will have every opportunity to silence those doubts with a strong senior season.

I'm okay with seeing in a few months, if these guys are completely ignored coming up on February then I will grant you are right. At the moment I disagree considering Dillons offers, Thomas's offers including Boise who is a legit program. I happen to believe that the others all are or will be pursued by legit other schools even with their CU commitments.

You are right in that the final results aren't known until 3-4 years down the road. Last year Texas had a stable of RBs who were all offered by multiple other schools, some rated as 4* and above and they couldn't run the ball if their life depended on it. They would never admit it but they would have traded any two of them for Speedy who was an afterthought coming out of HS.

That said you don't make a living trying to outsmart other schools, on average the more schools think a guy is good the better he will be, they aren't all stupid. I am just saying that the guys we have committed are at worst guys who should be getting that attention before the process is over. The past few years we have been filling up our classes with guys who other schools had passed on, this year it looks like we are taking guys we want instead of guys other schools didn't. Let's let the process play out before getting negative on anyone.

Last edited:

Go look again.:rolling_eyes:

The funny thing is, I don't really disagree with what walk is saying. I mean I'm not down on this class, I'm pretty happy with it, but I do expect us to get more contested guys in the future. That said, he just annoys the living hell out of me. I suppose it's because he is incapable of posting anything positive? He zeros in on the guys that don't have many offers and gets out the ol soapbox. Does he even watch highlight videos to see if the kid looks like a player? Nope, offer list only. I'd have some semblance of respect for him if he bothered to analyze a single recruit, rather than his broad approach of looking at offers only.

The funny thing is, I don't really disagree with what walk is saying. I mean I'm not down on this class, I'm pretty happy with it, but I do expect us to get more contested guys in the future. That said, he just annoys the living hell out of me. I suppose it's because he is incapable of posting anything positive? He zeros in on the guys that don't have many offers and gets out the ol soapbox. Does he even watch highlight videos to see if the kid looks like a player? Nope, offer list only. I'd have some semblance of respect for him if he bothered to analyze a single recruit, rather than his broad approach of looking at offers only.

:lol::lol: Like everyone but Dillon.

I'll be positive once Wright Kyle, Cope, Thurston or the like commits.

Do I watch videos? :lol: Go look at any Division I commit and all of his highlight videos will be awesome. :popcorn:

Do I watch videos? :lol: Go look at any Division I commit and all of his highlight videos will be awesome. :popcorn:

Guess you didn't do as instructed.

So you know that Norgard or Hennington don't have other BCS offers although they're mid to higher 3*'s? Sure they don't have them reported but that doesn't mean they don't have any and from reports, Norgard was tearing it up at the Elite camp this weekend in Boulder. It's still very early as well and the players have until early Febuary to collect offers from BCS schools.

They really aren't. I can see your lack of football knowledge with that comment, though.

Who the hell is Wright Kyle? Do you even follow recruiting other than show up when we get a commit, look at his offer list, and go to town?

It's a good discussion... if we hadn't already had it a number of times. Since it's repetitive, there's no good reason to split it off if we can simply move on. walk only has respect for prospects with major offer lists (not just BCS, but certain BCS programs). Not exactly a revelation here.

Let's get back to talking about Thomas.

Well, he did attend several camps but didn't get any offers from them.

Actually, this is quite wrong as well Walk. On April 12th, when he attended the TCU camp, the kid had exactly zero offers.

See Rivals link

The fact that this kid has picked up 9 offers in the last 2 months speaks volumes. Sure, he didn't pick up a TCU, Cal or Oklahoma offer (yet), but he does mention they are showing interest.

I think this is one of those kids that is about to get a lot of BCS interest if he continues to talk to coaches. I've followed pretty closely and this sort of momentum usually means a lot of offers. TCU, Cal and OU are pretty picky right now and this kid may not get one of those, but that does not make him the same caliber (In June) as guys we got acquainted to under the last 2 regimes. Some forget how Barnett's last several classes were void of highly rated recruits, especially the WR variety for several years running.

This kid looks very good to me and I welcome him in! Very high ceiling imo.

http://colorado.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1210937

Interesting perspectives. There's a lot of incite I could give on Thomas but I'll keep things specific and on point. Camp season for him went well this year. OSU and Tech were willing to offer if he attended their camps but by that time he was interested in being a Buff. At the Cal camp he beat out Dalis Bruce 4 times before Bruce was able to catch him. I believe Bruce is rated in the top 100 in the country in his position. Same at TCU Nike. Thomas beat out LaDarius Newbold, who is also ranked high in his position. And that one is on film on the NTFC website. His 2 a days started as soon as school was out,working out 3 hrs in the morning and 2 hrs in the evening everyday. These points are put out there really to say that so much of the recruiting process is subjective and you would be surprised at the stuff that goes on. Not all info is published to help paint the FULL picture.

Interesting perspectives. There's a lot of incite I could give on Thomas but I'll keep things specific and on point. Camp season for him went well this year. OSU and Tech were willing to offer if he attended their camps but by that time he was interested in being a Buff. At the Cal camp he beat out Dalis Bruce 4 times before Bruce was able to catch him. I believe Bruce is rated in the top 100 in the country in his position. Same at TCU Nike. Thomas beat out LaDarius Newbold, who is also ranked high in his position. And that one is on film on the NTFC website. His 2 a days started as soon as school was out,working out 3 hrs in the morning and 2 hrs in the evening everyday. These points are put out there really to say that so much of the recruiting process is subjective and you would be surprised at the stuff that goes on. Not all info is published to help paint the FULL picture.

Don't worry about walk, he bitches about everyone's offer list unless it's got every elite BCS team on it. There's a reason why his rep is in red. Glad to have Mr. Thomas in the black in gold!

Good stuff. Thanks a bunch.

Don't worry about walk, he bitches about everyone's offer list unless it's got every elite BCS team on it. There's a reason why his rep is in red. Glad to have Mr. Thomas in the black in gold!

No worries. Guys like him are just motivators. One of the factors that may not have been discussed is that by the time camp season has come around this year many of the colleges have put out a lot of their offers and may be over their "limit".

Great stuff. Thank you.

Welcome aboard Jeffrey!

Go Buffs!

Thanks for the info! We're really excited to have him on board. I'm sure he'll tear it up as a senior and silence the doubters.

I know this sounds like a Homer comment, but I have seen him at several camps and 7 on 7 games within the past few months and he gives the corners NIGHTMARES! He runs great routs and can out jump 9 out of 10 corners when the ball is in the air.

Jeffrey Thomas is charismatic, intelligent, and provides leadership from the WR position. The team has rallied around him during the 7-on-7 season due to a QB controversy. Out of nowhere came an established QB Transfer name Deandre Grimes who moved in with his dad in Duncanville and is excited about the prospect of throwing to a great receiver like Jeff. Grimes was the starting QB at Lewisville HS for the past 2 seasons and brings numerous accomplishments and a wealth of experience to Duncanville QB position which bodes quite well for Jeff. Here are a couple videos of the kid who currently has NO OFFERS...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rsrRHqGYcRQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLVaCsFhFMM
Best game 2010 - 498 Yards Passing for 5 TDs in a 55-49 victory to win Ford Tough Player of the Week

Last edited:
I like the dedication of the Jeffrey Thomas fanbase! Welcome to all. I hope you folks continue to stop by and provide updates throughout Jeffrey's senior season.

Thanks for the info, guys.

Thanks for the welcome guys... I'll definitely keep you up to date especially since I have been a BUFF fan since Kordell and Westbrook wore the Black and Gold!!! Too bad CU is leaving the Big 12, but the PAC 12 should be even more exciting!!!

Thanks for the welcome guys... I'll definitely keep you up to date especially since I have been a BUFF fan since Kordell and Westbrook wore the Black and Gold!!! Too bad CU is leaving the Big 12, but the PAC 12 should be even more exciting!!!

I'm afraid you're probably alone in this opinion. Most of us are very, very happy to have the Big 12 in our rear-view mirror.

Back