What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'12 WA OT Walker Williams (Signed to Wisconsin)

Nucular enjuneering and law? WOW! CU would be perfect! He could be our next Jim Hansen or Joe Romig!

Damn. Best of luck to him at Wisky, can't really go wrong there if you're a lineman.

Hope it isn't true or that the Buffs can turn him before LOI day.

I just get a feeling that he could turn out to be a monster player and wanted him for the Buffs

Hope it isn't true or that the Buffs can turn him before LOI day.

I just get a feeling that he could turn out to be a monster player and wanted him for the Buffs
Rivals page has Walker as a Wisky commit but a long way to go until NSD and you never know with recruiting.

If true, not too surprising... and you can go ahead and remove any thoughts about a switch before signing day as well.

This one hurts on two fronts. Kid is a monster which we need, but also very smart with good grades which dont hurt either.

alright, this one has pushed me over the line...I kept reading from some of you about concerns you all had about OLine recruiting. I wasn't too worried, but now it's getting sort of troubling. I kept thinking to myself that it's too early, Thurston and Callahan may switch, we're sitting well with Williams and Irwin, etc...now...****...

We need to prove something on the field in a bad way in order to show the recruits that the coaches know what they're doing. It's obvious that the OLine recruiting by itself isn't going to do it.

He was my hope for the crown jewel of the Oline class. Now its a bunch of diamonds in the rough :cry:

This is disappointing. I really liked our encounters with the whole family. Hopefully we'll have some luck between now and NSD. If not, best of luck to an impressive kid!

This is disappointing. I really liked our encounters with the whole family. Hopefully we'll have some luck between now and NSD. If not, best of luck to an impressive kid!

^^^^^This. I liked the kid and his family too. Wisconsin is a good choice and Madison is a nice city to spend 4 or 5 years in. Best of luck to him.

Last edited:
Wisconsin had the #2 nuclear engineering program, 2nd only to MIT. That was very important to him. Hard to fault a kid going to a good program with a great major that he wants to degree in. That's what collegiate athletics should be all about.

Congrats to Walker, sorry he won't be in the black and gold, hopefully we see them in the Rose Bowl one day.

Wisconsin had the #2 nuclear engineering program, 2nd only to MIT. That was very important to him. Hard to fault a kid going to a good program with a great major that he wants to degree in. That's what collegiate athletics should be all about.

Congrats to Walker, sorry he won't be in the black and gold, hopefully we smoke 'em in the Rose Bowl one day.

Fixed

Love it! Colorado WILL be in the Rose Bowl in the near future - there is no dount in my mind. Unless you get a chance to see the inside activity there at CU, others would have no way of knowing how special and effective this program is going to be. The decency of the fan support and the energy and vision of the coaching staff is going to take you on a ride you didn't see coming and those are the best ones to be on, take everyone by surprise and we cannot wait to see it! Everyone will be saying, "Where did they come from?" and I can't wait for that day. I am a Buff convert and so is the family, I can not express how difficult this was. This was so close. Your kind expression of well wishes even in your disappointment is heart felt by the family. The Buffs are a class act all the way in every way.

Love it! Colorado WILL be in the Rose Bowl in the near future - there is no dount in my mind. Unless you get a chance to see the inside activity there at CU, others would have no way of knowing how special and effective this program is going to be. The decency of the fan support and the energy and vision of the coaching staff is going to take you on a ride you didn't see coming and those are the best ones to be on, take everyone by surprise and we cannot wait to see it! Everyone will be saying, "Where did they come from?" and I can't wait for that day. I am a Buff convert and so is the family, I can not express how difficult this was. This was so close. Your kind expression of well wishes even in your disappointment is heart felt by the family. The Buffs are a class act all the way in every way.

We really appreciate you coming by during the recruiting phase and especially now. Walker's got a great role model and he sounds like a great kid. I truly wish you all the best. Please keep us updated on how he's doing. We're extremely disappointed, but that doesn't mean we're not rooting for him.

And he better damn well put some beatdowns on Nebraska. :smile2:

Pure class response. Respect to the Williams family, as well as the CU supporters on this board. Would have been a match made in heaven. Best wishes to Walker as he moves on to his next chapter.

WW wish you well in your career, both in the classroom and on the field. Offensive Guard is actually a bigger need for CU this recruiting cycle. Good run blocking guards.

thanks for coming back... good luck to you and your family... on Wisconsin and dont be a stranger

This sounds like the right decision for him. Too bad for us. I think Dowork would have been fun to tailgate with. Good luck WW. Smack down a few corn huskers.

Back