What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'12 WA OT Walker Williams (Signed to Wisconsin)

Actually, we have 3 OL in this class.
Well if you're going to get all technical on me, sure. But we still only have two commits this cycle. We can't build a system getting 2-3 OL recruits/year unless everyone they bring in is starter material.

Well if you're going to get all technical on me, sure. But we still only have two commits this cycle. We can't build a system getting 2-3 OL recruits/year unless everyone they bring in is starter material.

Last season brought in Mustoe, Nembot, Lewis, Cotner, kelly(grey shirt), thats 5 OL. Cotner is a very good prospect can play center and guard. The coaches are raving about Mustoe, Nembot and Lewis.

OL wasn't a big need this cycle.

Failing to bring in WW might be my biggest recruiting disappointment of the year. He is a young man that would bring great athletic skill to a position of need and another great family to the Buff (and AB) family.

:sad1:

Agreed. Moreso than Callahan, Thurston, Kozan, etc., I really wanted WW to be a Buff. He's a big, physical, talented kid that just seems to fit perfectly with what Embree & Co are building.

Walker was interviewed at the Semper Fi all-american game:

http://recruiting.scout.com/2/1143351.html

Mature kid. Still solid with Wisconsin despite a change in OC and OL coach. It sounds like Coach Rudolph is his primary relationship there (recruiting coordinator) and that Rudolph may be in line to become the OL coach or even the OC.

That said, I'm still holding onto a thread of hope and vow to dance a jig at the next tailgate if Walker becomes a Buff. :smile2:

Walker was interviewed at the Semper Fi all-american game:

http://recruiting.scout.com/2/1143351.html

Mature kid. Still solid with Wisconsin despite a change in OC and OL coach. It sounds like Coach Rudolph is his primary relationship there (recruiting coordinator) and that Rudolph may be in line to become the OL coach or even the OC.

That said, I'm still holding onto a thread of hope and vow to dance a jig at the next tailgate if Walker becomes a Buff. :smile2:
I vow to put a video of that on allbuffs. It will be spliced with BCS's attempt to walk on to the CU team as a kicker.

Both of Paul Chryst's coordinators at Pitt will be former Wisconsin Badger coaches.

"We have learned that Wisconsin linebackers coach Dave Huxtable will be the defensive coordinator at Pitt," FootballScoop.com tweeted.

Huxtable will join Bob Bobstad who was already named Pitt's offensive coordinator.

Huxtable may not be the Badgers' final defection to the Steel City.

"But if (Wisconsin head coach Brett) Bielema bypasses tight ends coach Joe Rudolph for the UW coordinator job, there is concern Rudolph might also leave for Pitt, according to multiple sources,"Tom Mulhern and Andy Baggot of the Wisconsin State Journal reported. "Rudolph is close to Chryst and Bostad."

According to the State Journal, Bielema had discussed the open coordinator position with Oklahoma's co-offensive coordinator, Jay Norvell.

http://insider.espn.go.com/ncf/features/rumors?date=20120104

Both of Paul Chryst's coordinators at Pitt will be former Wisconsin Badger coaches.

"We have learned that Wisconsin linebackers coach Dave Huxtable will be the defensive coordinator at Pitt," FootballScoop.com tweeted.

Huxtable will join Bob Bobstad who was already named Pitt's offensive coordinator.

Huxtable may not be the Badgers' final defection to the Steel City.

"But if (Wisconsin head coach Brett) Bielema bypasses tight ends coach Joe Rudolph for the UW coordinator job, there is concern Rudolph might also leave for Pitt, according to multiple sources,"Tom Mulhern and Andy Baggot of the Wisconsin State Journal reported. "Rudolph is close to Chryst and Bostad."

According to the State Journal, Bielema had discussed the open coordinator position with Oklahoma's co-offensive coordinator, Jay Norvell.

http://insider.espn.go.com/ncf/features/rumors?date=20120104
That staff is gutted! Who's left?

That staff is gutted! Who's left?

Might be fewer left than we even expected. Some of you may remember FootballScoop.com from last year when we were following the coaching carousel closely as Embree and his staff were hired. They were a really good source. I hadn't bothered to check much this year, but then I saw this when I checked in today:

Pitt: We have learned through multiple sources close to those involved that Joe Rudolph is joining Paul Chryst's staff.

Walker, if you ever decide you don't like the idea of going to the frozen north without any coaches, well, we got coaches, and we aint frozen.

Wow. I wonder what's going on. Wisconsin's a better job than Kansas but DeMontie Cross left to take a demotion from Special Teams Coordinator & Safeties Coach to only being a Linebacker Coach.

Wow. I wonder what's going on. Wisconsin's a better job than Kansas but DeMontie Cross left to take a demotion from Special Teams Coordinator & Safeties Coach to only being a Linebacker Coach.
Adds some spice to the theory that Chryst was Wiscy's version of Boise State's Peterson.

I feel bad for Walker. The kid put a lot of thought and elbow grease into making a very difficult decision. They seem like a great family, and this has to be weighing on them.

While I wish him the best, I think it should be pointed out that he hasn't signed the LOI yet. There's still time for him to reconsider.

I feel bad for Walker. The kid put a lot of thought and elbow grease into making a very difficult decision. They seem like a great family, and this has to be weighing on them.
Well, first, they tell you to go for the school and not the coaches. Second, he is going to get a scholarship to a great school, no matter what he chooses. So, yeah, its tough about the coaching staff, but its a helluva lot better that changes are happening now and not after he signs the LOI. In that sense, he's lucky.

While I wish him the best, I think it should be pointed out that he hasn't signed the LOI yet. There's still time for him to reconsider.

Good point, what is hard for a lot of kids is when they pick a school and sign an LOI based in part on the relationship with certain coaches. Soon after the LOI is official the coach bails and the kid is stuck.

We all know that that is a good possibility anywhere but for a teenage kid this is a tough deal, their first big life decision and it gets blasted by something outside of their control.

Has walker or DoWork given any indication he is wavering? I just don't see the point in bumping this thread

Has walker or DoWork given any indication he is wavering? I just don't see the point in bumping this thread

I don't think we'd hear about that on this board if he was wavering. However, you'd have to expect that he's having second thoughts given the fact that the majority of coaches he was recruited by are leaving. Including, if I remember correctly, his position coach.

Back