What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'12 WA S Ma'ne Manaea (Signed to Idaho)

What a great picture in that article! DoWork, thanks for posting. Between yourself and AH and Moett you bring a great perspective to this board. Mods, can we make that his profile pic?

Thanks for the update, DoWork.

Really excited for Ma'ne.

Seems like there are an unusual number of really good prospects from WA this year.

Sounds kinda like Parker Orms. Maybe undersized and not incredibly athletic, but great all-around player on a great team

Sounds kinda like Parker Orms. Maybe undersized and not incredibly athletic, but great all-around player on a great team

Parker Orms will make a very good safety, the problem is that he is being played at Corner. Manea runs 4.5 40 well going by his profile, is good speed for a safety, that is a lot of better than what we have currently with the exception of Kyle Washington.

Just saw this on the Rivals board. Ma'ne was selected as the player of the year for his area.

:thumbsup:

Fj8yX.Hi.5.JPG

Some great stuff in the article about his versatility and what his coach and other coaches had to say about him. Here's what he had to say about his commitment to CU (finally sounds rock solid):

Manaea will begin a new chapter in life when he reports to the University of Colorado in the summer. He orally committed to the Buffaloes in September and visited the Boulder campus in October. The trip affirmed his decision to attend school so far away from family and friends.

“Being out there for three days, I felt like I was already going to the school,” he said. “It was like the most beautiful place I’ve ever seen. Everything came together.”

Manaea said he wants to play right away.

“My mindset is I’m going to come in and fight for my spot,” he said. “I’m going to play as a true freshman. There’s no redshirting me.

“Coach Greg Brown (CU defensive coordinator) told me once you sign on the dotted line, get the workout plan, come in here and work hard, there should be no reason why you can’t be in the games on Saturdays.”

Manaea said he wants to play right away.

Why do the coaches want him to Gray-shirt? Did he get injured? Are we expecting big things to happen recruiting wise in the next few weeks that will push him out of a spot?

Why do the coaches want him to Gray-shirt? Did he get injured? Are we expecting big things to happen recruiting wise in the next few weeks that will push him out of a spot?

If we backed off on Jonavaughn and told Manaea that he should look at other opportunities if he doesn't want to grayshirt, the only explanation that makes any sense is that we have some really good players on the hook. It started with beating Nebraska and Michigan State for Mosley. Will be interesting to see who pops next.

Dam##t. Maybe related to the previous head injury? Does anyone know? Not good, when dback recruiting is fairly week for this cycle.

Hopefully the commits keep coming & we don't lose too many by signing day. You know you'll lose some, but it's still frustrating. I have a good feeling like we'll flip more than we lose.

If the coaches want him to grayshirt then they have to feel VERY good about getting Crawley and/or Wright.

If the coaches want him to grayshirt then they have to feel VERY good about getting Crawley and/or Wright.

Those are just some long odds though, especially for Yuri, who nobody seems to have been able to get a good read on to this point.

Guessing the coaches have a good idea of where they stand with a handful of prospects, not just Crawley and Wright. I think we might see a couple newer names pop up in January.

It'd better be both, & if that's the case, the PAC 12 qbs might want to be careful.

The PAC 12 is already pass happy, then add Graham at ASU, Rich Rod at 'Zona and Leach at WSU and the imbalance shifts even more. I really like the strategy from our coaches. Focus on the defensive line and DB's. Couple a stout D with a pro set offense, and we can really win some games.

EDIT: ASU and AZ will run spreads, so not pass happy...

Last edited:
CU is still by far his best option. Grayshirting is certainly an interesting thing to look at... lots of kids have absolutely zero interest in grayshirting. It sounds like a good idea to me tho

I can understand a kid not wanting to grayshirt, kids want to play and play now.

In Ma'ne's case it might really help him. If he has had some head injury issues we keep hearing that the best thing is time to heal completely, this would give him a full year.

It would also give him a year to work out and build up for the college game. He would also have the advantage of getting a spring practice instead of just coming in to the summer team activities (without coaches) and then dropping right into fall camp.

It also makes adjusting to college itself easier coming in spring semester and not having to deal with everything at once.

With all that I can see how the kid looks at it as an insult, saying that he is not good enough that they want him right away or that he is a priority for them.

Some explain why the kid shouldnthink gray shirting is a good idea

It's not when we're talking about a DB (doesn't have to gain weight like a lineman) when he's not having to change positions (extra spring camp would make a difference then) and there's not an injury issue that a year off would change (like a knee surgery).

I wouldn't grayshirt if I was Manaea if there was any other offer I liked.

It's not when we're talking about a DB (doesn't have to gain weight like a lineman) when he's not having to change positions (extra spring camp would make a difference then) and there's not an injury issue that a year off would change (like a knee surgery).

I wouldn't grayshirt if I was Manaea if there was any other offer I liked.

Correct.

It really sounds like the staff may be moving on, but wanted to keep an offer out there to a kid who committed early. I feel sorry for the kid, but it sounds like there may be some really good news coming soon!

honestly i don't like the idea of semi-pulling the offer after a guy has given us a commitment. I hope he was warned of the possibility up front, in which case all is well. Or to offer and then change to a greyshirt offer prior to a commitment is fine. But otherwise it sure isn't taking the high road, to say the least.

Back