What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'13 CA CB Chidobe Awuzie (Signed to Colorado)

Well I thought tonight we would hear about his commitment to Mac, but I guess not

Waiting for his in home with "the pirate" before making a decision. Sounds like its between us and Wazzu for his signature according to Adam.

Anybody ever tell this kid about Pirate Mike's doghouse (tool shed)? Or how Pirate Mike screwed over the Safety from DeSoto H.S. in TX? (allegedly)

According to his twitter Wisconsin and Oregon St tried getting involved but he is sticking with CU, WSU, and SJSU

I believe we are over-subscribed here and will have several gray shirts from the group committed, with perhaps another 1-2 to come.

I suspect Chidobe is a Buff and there's another DB we will sign. That's it. Maybe another grayshirt type. Recruiting has shut down.

According to his twitter Wisconsin and Oregon St tried getting involved but he is sticking with CU, WSU, and SJSU

If this kid chooses SJSU after we brought basically their entire staff to CU, it'll be time to start researching the buyout language in Coach Mac2's contract.

Awuzie is on board (I'm confident - but I have no inside scoop here).

I think we may take one more guy. That's it folks.

Awuzie is on board (I'm confident - but I have no inside scoop here).

I think we may take one more guy. That's it folks.

The fact that Olugbode, who signed today, is a friend and 7on7 teammate of his makes me feel better about our chances here...

I know I'm going to get labeled a negative nancy... but it is concerning that we basically completely blew Wazzou's visit out of the water... MacIntyre has an in-home to seal the deal, Awuzie waits, then commits to Wazzou (only to de-commit of course).

It's a valid point. We are talking 17-18 year old kids here who have coaches in the living room pitching to the parents as well. Coach Leach tells him his chance of a free education is about to go away unless he commits right now. A free education is probably a big thing to this family. They fold under pressure.

Then they talk to either CU's coaches, or his High School coach, or other trusted advisor and they recover quickly from temporary insanity.

This stuff happens all the time. All these pitches sound fantastic. I've been thru it several times now. Amazing the bad decisions we've almost made "in the moment".

Is he waiting until NSD to announce where he's going?
I don't get this. The guy is a 3* player. I thought only 5* and some 4* guys messed around with these kind of games. Is he more prima dona than is warranted for his skill level?

'13 CA CB Chidobe Awuzie

I don't get this. The guy is a 3* player. I thought only 5* and some 4* guys messed around with these kind of games. Is he more prima dona than is warranted for his skill level?

Give him a break. It's the only time he'll have the option to do this. He won't tell anyone until NSD and is holding a conference at his school, don't see the issue with this. Most schools do a NLI signing at school anyway so why not announce there if you haven't committed?

Give him a break. It's the only time he'll have the option to do this. He won't tell anyone until NSD and is holding a conference at his school, don't see the issue with this. Most schools do a NLI signing at school anyway so why not announce there if you haven't committed?

In addition, I think it's fair to point out that he is informing coaches tomorrow, so it's not as if he's screwing around with the coaching staffs on this. In reality the coaching staff and the player are the only ones who matter here and he is being straight up with the coaches.

From a Greg Biggins Scout article (Feb 1):

“I’m leaning to Colorado,” Awuzie said. “I’m already real comfortable with Coach Mac (Mike MacIntyre) and I know what a great coach he is. I’ve seen it firsthand when he was at San Jose State.

“I’m still going to take my visit to San Jose State this weekend with an open mind and we’ll see where things go from there. I plan to make my decision either Saturday night or sometime on Sunday but I do think it will be this weekend.”

From a Greg Biggins Scout article (Feb 1):

“I’m leaning to Colorado,” Awuzie said. “I’m already real comfortable with Coach Mac (Mike MacIntyre) and I know what a great coach he is. I’ve seen it firsthand when he was at San Jose State.

“I’m still going to take my visit to San Jose State this weekend with an open mind and we’ll see where things go from there. I plan to make my decision either Saturday night or sometime on Sunday but I do think it will be this weekend.”

More delaying. Not really a big deal I guess... he always posts on twitter about how glad he is to get out of San Jose

Back