What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'13 CA DT Eddie Vanderdoes

Maybe they will rival their 2007 class of 18 that had Ten 5*, Five 4* and Three 3*....

Although one would've thought that class would have been much better at winning MNCs...

So CU can sign about 15 this year (assuming no attrition), but USC, under severe scholarship reductions, might sign 18 or 19. Hmmm.

lol, that's just what I was thinking.

USC doesn't play by the good guy rules of recruiting. They will oversign and cut. Either cut a freshmen, or yank a scholarship from a player who is underperforming on the team. (I work with an OL that had that happen to him at USC)

So CU can sign about 15 this year (assuming no attrition), but USC, under severe scholarship reductions, might sign 18 or 19. Hmmm.

CU can sign more than 15, the math can work...

Unless we assume no attrition, no injuries, everybody buys into Embree's vision and improves significantly; we would also need to assume no early enrollees, and no highly sought after recruits who decide in late January; we would need to assume no academic problems for anyone and no academic issues with incoming PSAs, and overall assume that no other outside factors (that almost always occur) interfere with anybody on the current roster.

I think there are too many "ifs" and "assumptions" to be made to think that CU will only sign 15 at this point. Time will tell...

Last edited:
USC doesn't play by the good guy rules of recruiting. They will oversign and cut. Either cut a freshmen, or yank a scholarship from a player who is underperforming on the team. (I work with an OL that had that happen to him at USC)
So, is this former u$c OL bitter about what happened? just curious

So, is this former u$c OL bitter about what happened? just curious

Ya he is a little bit, he apparently had many national level offers (Bama Auburn Wisky USC etc). He understands it is part of the deal but he would have rather them say no then say yes only to cut him once his other offers were no longer valid cuz the other teams were full.

Last 2 visits were Notre Dame and then Alabama. Whispers are that he's going to pick Notre Dame. Big blow for USC on this one if they don't get his signature.

Last 2 visits were Notre Dame and then Alabama. Whispers are that he's going to pick Notre Dame. Big blow for USC on this one if they don't get his signature.

I haven't heard anyone saying ND recently. I believe earlier today the word was that it was down to USC, UCLA, and Alabama.

I haven't heard anyone saying ND recently. I believe earlier today the word was that it was down to USC, UCLA, and Alabama.

JC Schurburtt, the national recruiting director for 247sports, projected it for the Irish earlier today.

BTW, he signed with ND but trying to get out of his LOI. Probably heading to UCLA if that happens.

He says he wants to be close to home but the funny thing is LA is 400 miles away

From ESPN...

Kelly announced last week the university would not release Vanderdoes, a standout high school recruit from Auburn, Calif., from his letter of intent so he can enroll at UCLA, meaning he can't play football for the Bruins this fall and will lose a season of eligibility. Kelly was asked whether it was fair he was allowed to leave Cincinnati in 2009, where he had a contract to coach the Bearcats through the 2013 season, and take the Notre Dame job and begin coaching the Irish the next season and Vanderdoes can't play this season."I paid a million dollars in a buyout, too. There's accountability in making those decisions," Kelly said. "You can break the contract. He's broken the contract and he's going to go to another school. But there's a level of accountability there."

Kelly comes off as such a jerk to me.

Kids from California usually figure out that they don't like South Bend on Officials. I feel bad for the kid. It was hard for me to choose a major initially and I'm still not sure that I picked the right one.

ND SUCKS, good luck on the west coast.

Notre Dame is a university that is respected throughout the world and is easily the most visible and known "Catholic" university in the US although there are those in the church who question how many of the decisions made by the ND adminstrators reflect and represent the church.

With that in mind it is absolutely embarrassing how ND holds themselves up to be a model football and athletic program and yet continually makes decisions that place winning games ahead of the values that the unversity should represent. ND has sold out to the mighty dollar and taken a win at all cost approach to football.

The hypocracy of Kelly in this situation is just another example of this. We justifiably can hate on Nebraska for their over the top fanaticism for fusker football but at least they are reasonably honest about it. They will admit that they make significant compromises for football players and that winning is the most important thing. ND tries to pretend that they are about other things but their actions say that that winning is the most important thing above all else.

From ESPN...

Kelly comes off as such a jerk to me.

I'm glad he won't be playing for a division rival, but yeah Kelly seems like a genuine a-hole. The audacity to compare his million dollar buyout, which I'm sure he paid nothing of, to making an 18 year old lose eligibility for a year...wow.

I share the hatred for all things Sorta Lame. Can't stand the domers. But ....

Devils advocate - what if this kid had signed with CU and then decided he would break the LOI and attend a school closer to home? This board would prolly roast him (me included).

I think the 1 year hiatus is a good rule, in most circumstances, to keep these kids from declaring free agency, especially the summer before the season begins.

That said ...... still hate nd.

Last edited:
Back