What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'13 CA DT Kenneth Clark (Verbal to UCLA)

Duff Man

Club Member
Club Member
Junta Member
Rivals
Scout
ESPN
247 Sports

i

Wilmer Amina Carter H.S. (Rialto, CA)

Ht: 6-foot-2
Wt: 280 lbs
40:

Rivals rating: 4*-5.8rr; #24 DT
Scout rating: 4*; #20 DT
ESPN rating: 3*-79 grade; #41 DT
247s rating: 4*-90 rating; #20 DT

Reported Offers: COLORADO, Arizona State, Boise State, Fresno State, Miami, Nebraska, Nevada, Oregon State, San Diego State, UCLA, Washington
, Washington State

Clark is a raw, athletic player out of the Inland Empire. He had 36 tackles and 6.5 sacks as a junior in helping his team to an 11-2 record. He is also an accomplished wrestler, as he recently won a league title.

Expect his recruitment to take off this spring.

I'm surprised we haven't seen an offer to an interior DL yet for 2013. We're probably only taking one, so you'd think we'd go hard after some of the top guys early.

247 Sports is reporting we have offered. Hard to get a read on where he is leaning right now.

The offers are starting to roll in. His offer total has just about doubled in the last week.

Clark is quickly becoming one of the most sought after defensive linemen in the West. He recently showed off some nice athleticism at a 7-on-7 tourney by playing LB. He might be closer to 6'1" than 6'2", but is a high motor guy. Oh, he also wants to visit us sometime this summer:thumbsup::

http://recruiting.scout.com/2/1178190.html

“I would like to wait until Signing Day if I can,” Clark said. “I know I want to visit Nebraska, Colorado, Boise State and maybe Oregon if they offer. USC and Oregon are two schools who haven’t offered that I’m hoping will do so. USC said if I do well at their camp, I could get an offer so we’ll see where things go with that.”

http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1356399

Clark will head to Washington this week for the Huskies' junior day and spring game. After that Clark has tentative plans to unofficially visit Nebraska and Colorado.

Great pass rushing skills. I want this kid at CU.

Agreed. One big thing is his wrestling prowess. Guys in the NFL who know what they're talking about love guys with wrestling backgrounds playing interior line. Their superior use of leverage, excellent hand movements, and overall agility allow them to learn 3 and 4 technique in football at a high level. Karl Klug was raw going into Iowa; but, with his wrestling background, he's now one of the more intriguing interior DL players in the NFL.

Agreed. One big thing is his wrestling prowess. Guys in the NFL who know what they're talking about love guys with wrestling backgrounds playing interior line. Their superior use of leverage, excellent hand movements, and overall agility allow them to learn 3 and 4 technique in football at a high level. Karl Klug was raw going into Iowa; but, with his wrestling background, he's now one of the more intriguing interior DL players in the NFL.

I have never seen any kind of studies on this but I am convinced that FB players who have a wrestling background in addition to what you have listed are less prone to injuries. The sport develops strength and flexibility at the same time in a way that I think helps avoid neck and shoulder problems.

Back