What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'13 CA PF Aaron Gordon (Verbal to Arizona)

MY EMOTIONS CAN'T HANDLE THIS!

I'm just going to say he's not visiting. Then if he does, bonus.

EDIT - just looked and their source is the 247 article that had Bird saying they were visiting together.

At least it's only two schools right now. I am glad they aren't reporting - CAL, UW, Oregon and Colorado.

In his twitter chat today (I'd link, but work decided to do their once monthly block of twitter on my account that I have to fix), Thorburn seemed to be under the impression that Gordon was still visiting.

So, really, no one knows.

In his twitter chat today (I'd link, but work decided to do their once monthly block of twitter on my account that I have to fix), Thorburn seemed to be under the impression that Gordon was still visiting.

So, really, no one knows.

The Gordon thing seemed to strike Thorburn out of the blue in the first place. I'm really starting to believe that Bird misspoke, and combined a group visit with Gordon to another school with his solo trip to Boulder.

I'd love to believe that this all slipped through the cracks, but the evidence is piled up in the other direction.

I think that they will be so blown away by Boyle, our facilities, school and ability to play early. I am praying we land them. It would make us an easy Top 5 for recruiting class rankings.

They're on a PAC 12 tour together. CU is one of the stops. Last I heard, you should get three visiting together. No need to dork out about it. I hope your football game match-up is exciting for that weekend. :rofl:Can't tell you anymore and wouldn't anyways.

Good Luck Tatankas.

Last edited:
They're on a PAC 12 tour together. CU is one of the stops. Last I heard, you should get three visiting together. No need to dork out about it. I hope your football game match-up is exciting for that weekend. :rofl:Can't tell you anymore and wouldn't anyways.

Good Luck Tatankas.

Good thing, they aren't visiting CAL together right!? Hopefully its a two man race between the Mighty Tad and the Rainy City.

Good Luck Tatankas.

I don't think you understand how awesome this is for us. Do you know the last time we had one of the top recruits in the nation come to visit us? Do you know that last time that we had several come together? Probably never to a really long time ago on both. The bottom line is kids aren't going to commit to us unless they come check us out and in the past we couldn't even get these kids to come visit so part of the battle is already won.

Can't think of a Cal player since Kidd spent a season there. Actually, I can think of one other one, spent a little time with the Celtics, but can't recall his name.

I don't think you understand how awesome this is for us. Do you know the last time we had one of the top recruits in the nation come to visit us? Do you know that last time that we had several come together? Probably never to a really long time ago on both. The bottom line is kids aren't going to commit to us unless they come check us out and in the past we couldn't even get these kids to come visit so part of the battle is already won.

Makes sense. I see why you are so happy now. Out of curiosity, what hotel(s) do you use to set up your football and B-ball recruits on official visits?

Makes sense. I see why you are so happy now. Out of curiosity, what hotel(s) do you use to set up your football and B-ball recruits on official visits?

I'm not sure whether we're using the Omni or the St. Julien's these days.

What do you guys use? The claremont? Something down by the marina? The men's shelter on Center?

Really that's so weird, why would they say that and Rivals?

Rivals reported based on Bird stating that Gordon was coming with him. That now looks to have been a mis-statement since Gordon has 5 OVs already scheduled. If anyone comes with Bird, it would be Lee. (At least that's how the cookie is crumbling at 2:05 Mountain Time, Tuesday, August 28, 2012.)

Rivals reported based on Bird stating that Gordon was coming with him. That now looks to have been a mis-statement since Gordon has 5 OVs already scheduled. If anyone comes with Bird, it would be Lee. (At least that's how the cookie is crumbling at 2:05 Mountain Time, Tuesday, August 28, 2012.)

And there's your daily nugget for discussion for the day.

Bird, Gordon and Lee are at Cal Sept 1st. Rumors abound about other visits. Some at Cal think all three will visit CU (factor in un-official visits) but the Huskies think it will only be Bird and Lee visiting CU. Also, several Huskies think they are out of it for Gordon. Who the heck knows at this point. As I have said before, and as your only true PAC 12 troll (and solid bear poster), good luck Buffs. You might have a pretty good chance after all. Now send me to the Island as per usual.

Last edited:
The move to the Pac 12 has paid incredible dividends for the basketball programs. We would never even be on these guys radar when we were in the Big 12. Whether we land any of these guys remains to be seen. Obviously I hope we do. The fact remains that even being in the discussion is a monumental upgrade over where we were in the Big 12.

Bird, Gordon and Lee are at Cal Sept 1st. Rumors abound about other visits. Some at Cal think all three will visit CU (factor in un-official visits) but the Huskies think it will only be Bird and Lee visiting CU. Also, several Huskies think they are out of it for Gordon. Who the heck knows at this point. As I have said before, and as your only true PAC 12 troll (and solid bear poster), good luck Buffs. You might have a pretty good chance after all. Now send me to the Island as per usual.

How are you guys feeling about Gordon? I know the Arizona guys seem to think they have a pretty decent shot there.

How are you guys feeling about Gordon? I know the Arizona guys seem to think they have a pretty decent shot there.

I just feel like the AZ guys feel like they have a shot with any big name. I think that Gordon is going to follow Bird and Bird seems pretty hyped on CAL, most likely because it's in his backyard. Then he seems like he's a big fan of Boyle and Crew and what they have to offer. I haven't heard him talk too much about either Oregon or Washington. Honestly, I don't understand why these kids wouldn't want to come start immediately at our school and be stars. Come help us become something special.

Honestly, I don't understand why these kids wouldn't want to come start immediately at our school and be stars. Come help us become something special.

I think that this is why we might not want these guys if they fell that it is implied that they will start right away and be stars. Boyle is building a culture and a program. When you come to Colorado to play for Boyle, you get what you earn at Colorado ... the hype from high school does not count. If he is consistent with that philosophy in the long run, the program will thrive. I don't see him backing down on that and I think that it is one of the reasons that he will be successful, the team will be successful and we will a lot happier going forward.

I think that this is why we might not want these guys if they fell that it is implied that they will start right away and be stars. Boyle is building a culture and a program. When you come to Colorado to play for Boyle, you get what you earn at Colorado ... the hype from high school does not count. If he is consistent with that philosophy in the long run, the program will thrive. I don't see him backing down on that and I think that it is one of the reasons that he will be successful, the team will be successful and we will a lot happier going forward.

Who said they wouldn't earn it? They'd likely start for most teams in college basketball as freshmen, us included. It's about which situation is the best fit for them, most likely.

No this is not the reason CU has problem getting elite players, basketball prestige matters a lot.

Back