What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'13 CA QB Kelly Hilinski (Verbal to Columbia)

Nik, is the theory to load up in spots hoping that 2-3 may do well? QB's on this staff aren't progressing and Dillon is running everyone else's offense, which a good portion is the spread. Are there enough guys out there willing to come to CU? Is the main push playing time only to spend half the year rotating these guys and never coming up with a consistent group?

Like his size, there is nothing wrong with competition. Looks like we are going to have a lot of attrition at the QB position.

Maybe Hilinski is a guy we could look at offering a scholarship too and then having him GS. From what I read it sounds like he is a guy who could maybe start his JR/SR years with the correct development arc.
Why would a kid who could go to Harvard or Yale want to GS?

Why would a kid who could go to Harvard or Yale want to GS?
Depends how badly playing football is important to him. If he could go to Yale or Harvard why is he looking at CU? Plus you still go to college when you GS you just delay it. Not a big deal in my opinion if playing college football is important to you.

Actually reading the ESPN write up on him they have a lot of positives on him and very few negatives. They consider him a BCS QB.

I'm really not getting this one. If they see a need for more arms on campus, I'd rather they take two guys next cycle with one being a more mobile guy.

That said, this kid does have a good arm and a prototypical body. Definitely not going to scare teams with his legs, though.

HCMM teams are not known for running QB's so not su

I think this has more to do with Sefo. One may not be sold in the orher.

I still hope we are not taking 2 QB's this cycle or next (unless 1 is an ATH and can also move to WR or DB.)

Decided to go to Columbia.

Hard to argue with getting an Ivy League education paid for. I kind of sense that he was always a back-up plan in case Sefo changed his mind.

Good luck to him, he should be able to compete for playing time fairly early there.

Back