What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'13 CA RB Terrell Newby (Verbal to Nebraska)

http://colorado.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1341226

"Colorado is recruiting me hard, coach (Eric) Bieniemy knows what he is doing. He's a very good recruiter. I have high interest in Colorado. I think I can fit into what they are doing over there. He says that I'm at the top of their board and it's something personal to him. He really sees something in me that I could be a Buff one day."

We really want to win this one. Throw out the star ratings (3* versus 4* and all that), just understand we have made him a top priority and that he will very likely be playing either for us or against us in the coming years. We need/should be winning some of these battles if we want to get better.

http://recruiting.scout.com/2/1169259.html

He will be here for Junior Day:

Next month, Newby is heading to Colorado and Oregon to take unofficial visits.

“On April 14th, I’m headed to Colorado and I’m also going to Oregon some time next month,” said Newby.

This is our chance to make a big impression. Also, Rivals rated him an initial high 3* today.

I don't care hes only a 3*. I don't care we already have a rb commit. I don't care we have a small class. All I care about is he Steamrolls down hill, has gaudy speed and has the best stiff arm I have ever seen.

I don't care hes only a 3*. I don't care we already have a rb commit. I don't care we have a small class. All I care about is he Steamrolls down hill, has gaudy speed and has the best stiff arm I have ever seen.

If he doesn't end up at CU, I don't believe that any of these will be the reason why.

just as an update now that 24 hours have passed, AZ is reporting that we have backed off due to grades.

Same, especially considering how early it is in the process. The kid still has this semester + summer + all of next year to work on the grades.

If he was at a different school/area, I doubt he'd have any academic concerns (especially if he lived in SEC land where I'm currently at).

I'm not sure AZ and Adam at Rivals necessarily agree with where we're at on Newby right now. I wouldn't write him off just yet. It does sound like he went to Lincoln this weekend, though.

Alright, so we're looking at a possible signing day pick with this one. thanks

Cal looks like the team to beat for this young man according to Rivals.

Maybe we should have the whole "special talent" thing Cal has:rolling_eyes: But, it seems most guys we admit of questionable academics end up failing out or not playing anyway

UCLA just offered. Think he ends up a Bruin.

He is having a monster senior season. 360 yards rushing and 8 TDs last week.

He likes the UCLA offer however UCLA already has Craig Lee and Jalen Ortiz committed. UCLA is loaded at the position. Tedford may be gone soon. Nebraska is far, far from home for a So Cal player so this should get interesting soon. Lastly, Westwood sucks.

He likes the UCLA offer however UCLA already has Craig Lee and Jalen Ortiz committed. UCLA is loaded at the position. Tedford may be gone soon. Nebraska is far, far from home for a So Cal player so this should get interesting soon. Lastly, Westwood sucks.

Absolutely. Boulder Rocks!

I'd secretly held out hope that with Dunston on board, we might be able to get back in on this kid. Really liked his skill set, particularly for the type of offense the coaches were trying to install. Like Snow mentioned, we just jumped ship on this one too soon it appears.

Back