What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'13 CA RB Terrell Newby (Verbal to Nebraska)

Brandon Huffman ‏@BrandonHuffman West Hills (Calif.) Chaminade running back Terrell Newby will announce his decision this week at a press conference at his school. Day TBD
Newby is expected to choose from a top two of Nebraska and UCLA...

I'd rather he go to stincoln than Westwood. Although after typing that, I can't for the life of me understand the decision.

I can't stand how NU picks up a couple of 4 star backs and we can't get even a look from one. I still pin high hopes on next year's class if our Pistol Offense looks effective. I think Powell and Abron are going to look pretty good out of the Pistol with Jones working as more of a 3rd down back.

I can't stand how NU picks up a couple of 4 star backs and we can't get even a look from one. I still pin high hopes on next year's class if our Pistol Offense looks effective. I think Powell and Abron are going to look pretty good out of the Pistol with Jones working as more of a 3rd down back.

Not hard to understand at all. kNU tells them that they will go to a bowl every year, win a bunch of games, and that every game will be on TV including most nationally.

If you want attention of top players win some games. We haven't done the things neccessary to get the attention of top players for years.

Doesn't mean that we can't get them but it does mean we have to work way harder to do so and show them a reason to believe that we will be different when they come.

Nebraska has had Roy Helu, Rex Burkhart, Ameer Abdullah all under Pelini. We have had like one 1,000 yard rusher in the last 7 seasons. Plus Pelini is averaging like 9 wins/season

Nebraska has had Roy Helu, Rex Burkhart, Ameer Abdullah all under Pelini. We have had like one 1,000 yard rusher in the last 7 seasons. Plus Pelini is averaging like 9 wins/season

49-20, remarkably consistent with two 9-4 years and three 10-4 years, plus the bowl game win he coached when Solich was fired for losing 3 games. :lol:

Not hard to understand at all. kNU tells them that they will go to a bowl every year, win a bunch of games, and that every game will be on TV including most nationally.

If you want attention of top players win some games. We haven't done the things neccessary to get the attention of top players for years.

Doesn't mean that we can't get them but it does mean we have to work way harder to do so and show them a reason to believe that we will be different when they come.

I understand why they are going there. I said I can't stand it. As in it bothers me that we can't even get a sniff from elite athletes right now.

Landing highly rated players takes some effort and patience. The amount of kids that switch commitments these days is pretty amazing.

As bad as we were on the field, it was made worse by us just straight dropping contact with many recruits. You gotta work hard in recruiting these days, all the way to February, and you have to be in constant contact with a core set of kids. While I think the previous staff worked plenty hard in recruiting, I am not sure they utilized their assets in the most efficient manner (EB recruiting so much in Louisiana for example).

Back