What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'13 CA S Tedric Thompson (Signed to Colorado)

Does having a brother at a school really make them lean that way?? I have no numbers to back this up, but it seems that brothers rarely follow thier older siblings and opt to go make a name for themselves eslwhere.

Does having a brother at a school really make them lean that way?? I have no numbers to back this up, but it seems that brothers rarely follow thier older siblings and opt to go make a name for themselves eslwhere.

Pouncy brothers both went Gator. Rolle family mostly went FSU. I think both Brown brothers went KSU, although the 2nd was a transfer. On the flip side, the Mannings went their own way.

Usually, one brother doesn't have the same talent level as the other, so the same school isn't always an option.

An older sibling at a school is very important, if said sibling likes the Univ/coaching staff etc. It's a perfect example for a recruit to see someone succeed/enjoy a program who is from a very similar to background.

I think both Brown brothers went KSU, although the 2nd was a transfer.
Both transferred to KjSU. I don't think the Gronkowski's or Trufant's went to the same school either. Olugbode's won't.

Last edited:
Strange. Fresno Bee is reporting he committed to Fresno State. He's in Minnesota on his visit right now. Maybe he's just getting a free trip to see his big brother.

Strange. Fresno Bee is reporting he committed to Fresno State. He's in Minnesota on his visit right now. Maybe he's just getting a free trip to see his big brother.
he probably stepped off the plane onto the jetway, felt the 5 degree weather, said "nope," and called up deruyter.

I get the close to home thing, but I'd also like to think that the opportunity to play in a BCS conference would have held more sway and put us in good position for him if we wanted him. After the beatdown Fresno put on us last year, it would be nice to win a recruiting battle at least. Ah well.

I get the close to home thing, but I'd also like to think that the opportunity to play in a BCS conference would have held more sway and put us in good position for him if we wanted him. After the beatdown Fresno put on us last year, it would be nice to win a recruiting battle at least. Ah well.
Do we a.) Know for sure he picked FSU?; and b.) that his offer was still on the table at CU?

Don't know about the Fresno thing, but Minnesota picked up a commit today from another safety. Gophers signed seven dbs last year and have two lined up this year. I'm thinking the gophers know he's going with Fresno or CU.

Great job by the staff to land Thompson and Awuzie! Attention PAC WR's: Get ready for some big hits over the middle in Boulder!!

Back