What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'13 CO ATH Phillip Lindsay (Signed to Colorado)

Probably going to be a 3 star RB/ATH. I think it is worth taking him.
Does anyone know his speed? Is he a 4.5 guy or faster?

Supposedly 4.49. Probably 2 times faster than I can run, but IMO it doesn't seem that fast for a guy who only weighs 173. Speedy weighed about 173ish, but was much more muscular and compact.
Maybe a kick-return guy or flanker-type back.

Everything fits my preference for CU's first commit of the new class. A Colorado product at a skill position choosing to stay close to home and serve as an example to the other local talent that you can be comfortable living your college football dreams in Boulder again.

whatever you racist.

sw50sw8sw578.gif

Supposedly 4.49. Probably 2 times faster than I can run, but IMO it doesn't seem that fast for a guy who only weighs 173. Speedy weighed about 173ish, but was much more muscular and compact.
Maybe a kick-return guy or flanker-type back.

I think his speed has been the question mark that has prevented more schools from offering.

5.5 basically means a low to mid 3* propsect. The numerical value is is just a finer rating tool

Welcome!

My pick a while back in the first thread that brought up predictions for our first commit. Too bad my ability didn't carry over to picking the NCAA tournament. I love that we got a local kid in this smaller class.

:rock3:

Could play the change of pace back, 3rd down pass catching back, special teams, and maybe slot WR. I like his speed and moves in the open field. The kid will help the program.

i like his skills as an athlete. I think he's very shifty which can work at HB. From a visual, he reminds me a lot of Quinton Griffin, HB for the OU Sooners and eventually of the Broncos. He's just a shifty dude, but has some straight-line speed which creates big plays from time to time. Obviously Lindsay is a smidge bigger. I think ultimately this kid will be a DB. Frame doesn't seem like it can hold a bunch more weight while his quick feet/COD would be a huge asset at DB.

I understand the "excitement" of a decent in-state kid signing. But the "thumbs-up dancing buffaloes" are a little much for this level of recruit. Lord i hope I'm wrong.

Good news and welcome. Are we taking another rb? We are in on some really good prospects at rb this cycle.

I understand the "excitement" of a decent in-state kid signing. But the "thumbs-up dancing buffaloes" are a little much for this level of recruit. Lord i hope I'm wrong.

Heaven forbid we get excited about our first commit.

Good news and welcome. Are we taking another rb? We are in on some really good prospects at rb this cycle.

I would have to think so, but I suppose you never know. I am hoping this is the year when Bieniemy lands a blue chip at the position.

Welcome! We have to trust this staff to evaluate talent (which we all suck at) and offer players. I trust EB. We offered, and this dedicated and talented player accepted. This kid will be a positive. I'm elated. :congrats:

Lock this kid up!!! He is interested in staying in state, let's make sure he does! Give him all the CU shirts and hats to wear through next year too. Make sure he doesn't get poached.

It would be great to get started on 2013 with one of the top instate talents! Go get em!!!

Agree and glad he is a Buff.

CU landed a very talented young man who should do very well there! we very much enjoyed meeting him and spending time with his Dad and you can tell he is truley excited about being a Buff! Good luck to him!

Last edited:
It will be interesting to see what role the coaches envision for him. I really hope this doesn't mean we're going to stop going after a blue chip or two at RB this year.

[video=youtube;bgqZx8y6sMk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgqZx8y6sMk[/video]

Interesting video BB.

The video list him at 185lbs, big difference from 173, another10-15 and he is a solid size for a D1 RB. Also his LB clips showed a guy who can and will make and take contact.

Not super elusive but has an ability to burst in a step, even when running at full speed, didn't go down with just an arm or hand on him. Have to temper some of the impressions with the fact that the level of competition wasn't what we see from some of the videos from Texas and California.

Will be interesting to see how he develops.

Back