What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'13 CO OT John Lisella (Signed to Colorado)

Sarc, I know, but its just Twitter! It could/should have been "UR" or "YR". Who cares?

I'm glad NOBODY here ever makes that mistake !

You're right. With the character limits on twitter, proper grammar and spelling is nearly impossible. I use TweetDeck to manage my accounts and that has an option to auto-shrink what I write to optimize for twitter character limits as much as possible. That can result in some you're/your type things.

Is Lisella still on track to join the team in January? Also, does anyone know how much weight he's put on or where he might play?

He will enroll in January.

He was up to 268 lbs in early November at weigh in.

He's training under Matt McChesney. From the Rivals article where I got the weight:

"I am not sitting on the couch getting fat," Lisella said. "The thing that I am excited about and makes me content as an athlete is I have put on all this weight and I have probably gained speed and agility. After I am in there working out, I am replenishing the right way and it is really helping me put on muscle weight.

"Matt's training has done unreal things and the results are incredible. And it is not all just physical improvements. We are always doing technique work after and I am always up on the board running through protections and trying to learn a lot of that stuff before I get up there."

At 268 he seems like a DE instead of an offensive lineman. Is that what he's doing or are we looking to redshirt him and add on some more weight?

If he is a solid 268 without a lot of fat on him as an incoming freshman he isn't far from being at a weight he can be effective at. I wouldn't be shocked at all to see us playing some 275-280 OL in the future under M2. He's 10lbs away from that. 22lbs which isn't a lot over the next year and a half would put him at 290 for his RS freshman year.

Hope he can get there.

At 268 he seems like a DE instead of an offensive lineman. Is that what he's doing or are we looking to redshirt him and add on some more weight?

Definitely looking to redshirt him. I hope never to see another true freshman OL burning a redshirt opportunity.

If he is a solid 268 without a lot of fat on him as an incoming freshman he isn't far from being at a weight he can be effective at. I wouldn't be shocked at all to see us playing some 275-280 OL in the future under M2. He's 10lbs away from that. 22lbs which isn't a lot over the next year and a half would put him at 290 for his RS freshman year.

Hope he can get there.

If Josh Scott can put on 20+ pounds, then he can do it too.

Back