1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

'13 CO QB Ryan Novak

Discussion in 'University of Colorado Recruiting Archive' started by Buffnik, Mar 19, 2011.

1. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

Rivals
    Scout
    ESPN
    247 Sports

[​IMG]
    Heritage H.S. (Littleton, CO)

Ht: 6-foot-5
    Wt: 235 lbs
    40: 5.0 secs

Rivals rating:
    Scout rating:
    ESPN rating:
    247s rating: 2*-78 rating; #87 PQB

Reported Offers:

2. Buffnik

Sophomore highlights:

[video=youtube;lIQ-3d-RYSE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lIQ-3d-RYSE[/video]

3. Duff Man

Duff Man Moderator Club Member Junta Member

Fairly certain I saw him at the game last night.

4. buff4bcs1985

buff4bcs1985 Hail to the King

god i hope he is a cu fan and who is WR #3

5. Duff Man

My eyes were not deceiving me. Both AZ and Adam confirmed that he was in Boulder. He is making the rounds to several schools and camps this spring/summer. Right now, he is on track to be one of the more highly recruited QBs in the west. He also wants to graduate high school early.

6. Buffnik

Things can certainly change between now and the 2013 signing period, but right now I've got Novak as #1 on my wish list for that class. (I love Chris Fox from Ponderosa, too.)

7. Buffskier

Buffskier Club Member Club Member

Would like to see an improvement on that 5.2 40. Yikes. That will make cody look fast these last 3 years. He needs to get down to 4.8 at least.

8. dio

dio Admin Club Member Junta Member

I realize those are soph highlights, but I like how quick he reads and gets the ball out he has what looks like a great feel for the pocket, sliding away from pressure.

He looks like he has the potential for some great arm strength, but would like to see more zip on his passes - but as I said, those highlights are from when he is a soph, so that could definitely come.

9. White_Rabbit

White_Rabbit Club Member Club Member

Negative. 40 time is probably the most worthless judgment of a QB possible. All a QB needs is good enough feet to slide around in the pocket. I doubt Peyton Manning runs anywhere close to a 4.8. This guy is probably right on par with Cody in terms of mobility, difference being he has the size to stand in the pocket and deliver a great pass.

I love his video. He has very good touch for a guy his size and can put a little extra on the ball. His team also looks pretty terrible, so his stats aren't exciting. I figure he's a lot like Shane Dillon except he has 40 more pounds on him than Shane does.

Sophomore year:

150 completions
    291 attempts
    51% completion
    2,226 yards
    21 touchdowns
    16 interceptions

http://www.maxpreps.com/athletes/VWh7kmUrUEeBt4Gk4yf7wg/football-fall-10/stats-ryan-novak.htm

10. FightCu1414

FightCu1414 Fifth year Senior Club Member

Watched him play live last year a couple times. Good arm strength has great potential. He just has not fit into his frame. Looks kinda awkward even with his throwing motion at times and is SUPER slow in the pocket. But once he fits into his frame and works on his agility watch out.

11. Buffnik

Novak was at the fall scrimmage. Impressive size for a QB (size 17 shoe, so might even get bigger). Word is that our staff really wants him for the 2013 class.

12. Shldr2Shldr

Shldr2Shldr Club Member Club Member

Holy ****! This kid is Big Ben sized. Would be strange to see a qb that big taking snaps in the black and gold.

13. MrFrumpylane

MrFrumpylane Well-Known Member

I live within walking distance of Heritage, prob will check out the kid in a game or two. Anything specifics folks would like me to observe?

14. Buffnik

Arm strength and accuracy. If you're comfortable with a bit more in-depth scouting, would love to know how he reads the field, how well he gets into his drops, moves within the pocket, his mechanics (quickness of release, release point), and whether he's developed to the point where he makes the right throw for the route (lots of young QBs gun it to everyone or over-aim soft passes to everyone). We know he's got the size and we know he's athletic because he originally chose Heritage so he could be a multi-sport athlete instead of being forced to only play football.

15. Darth Snow

Darth Snow Hawaiian Buffalo Club Member Junta Member

Pretty sure I remember seeing him during the scrimmage. He had no issues stepping over the yellow rope. :lol:

16. Duff Man

Novak could have a lot to say about Dillon being "the guy" for several years. The 2013 Spring QB competition could be really fun to watch.

17. White_Rabbit

I'm surprised we haven't offered yet. Maybe waiting to see some progress as a junior first?

18. dio

I like what I see from Novak so far. Will be excited to see how he progresses this fall.

19. Buffnik

Just because it's not in the premium databases...

:smile2:

It's a tough call on this one. We list "reported offers" on AllBuffs. Do I say that he has a CU offer when I hear it at a CU practice he's attending from a good source or should AB wait to list it until it is reported by a newspaper, a premium site or the prospect's twitter/facebook? In short, I'm pretty confident that we have offered and Novak is one of our top targets for 2013, but it's not like BB and I are calling prospects or coaches to get confirmation from a 1st hand source. Do you guys want 'likely-credible' rumors in the database?

20. dio

We report it Nik! SCOOP!

21. Darth Snow

Just report it as "Colorado Offer - Allbuff sources" or "Colorado Offer - Unconfirmed"

22. White_Rabbit

If you think he has an offer, I'd be ok with that being in the database. You were right about Payne after all. :thumbsup:

23. Buffnik

Leave it to my attorney. :smile2:

24. rodrigo

rodrigo Well-Known Member

fify

25. Darth Snow

Or common sense...

26. Burrito Palazzo

Burrito Palazzo huff my smug Club Member

Since Buffbackers sees us as the source for recruiting, I think it's our obligation to go for the scoop.

27. MtnBuff

MtnBuff Not allowed in Barzil 2 Club Member

Nik, your record on stuff like this has seemed a lot better than that of the services.

If you feel good about your info report it. I also wouldn't have a problem if you did like Snow suggested and noted it as your info.

The big services try but don't know everything.

28. fervorfactor

fervorfactor Active Member

This kid has skills. Mostly pro set offense from what I've seen on vids. Great arm, good decisions and the biggest asset....poise. He hangs in there and doesn't flinch. He could be the next great Buff QB.

29. Shldr2Shldr

Shldr2Shldr Club Member Club Member

With his size idk why he would flinch. Honestly, if there are not three guys tackling him I bet he can at least throw it away if not complete a pass. Would love to have a big ben type player behind center. Just without the sexual assault and beer gut.

30. BigCate

BigCate Member

My guess is he doesn't have the offer I've met this kid and his dad before if he gets a CU offer you'll know with in an hour.