What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'13 CO TE Mitchell Parsons (Transfer to CSU from Vanderbilt)

Finally got around to looking at the film. There is a lot to like there. Great hands, good leaping ability, and he's got great feet. Not to mention he blocks with a bit of nastyness, which I'm sure Embrrrito loves. Love this kid. He's gonna be a big time recruit. Some tidbits from AZ:
http://buffscoop.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15560

My favorite is this one:
-His mom is a CU alum and he says she is definitely dropping subtle hints here-and-there that she'd like to see him be a Buff, too.
:thumbsup:

Finally got around to looking at the film. There is a lot to like there. Great hands, good leaping ability, and he's got great feet. Not to mention he blocks with a bit of nastyness, which I'm sure Embrrrito loves. Love this kid. He's gonna be a big time recruit. Some tidbits from AZ:
http://buffscoop.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15560

My favorite is this one: :thumbsup:

Finally got mom on our side for once.

Mitch Parsons, 6-5/220, TE, NR/NR/NR

This Chaparral (Colo.) athlete could be the pass-catching tight end NU’s been looking for since Kyler Reed and Ben Cotton came aboard in 2008. Seriously, folks — it’s been that long since a upper-crust tight end said yes to Nebraska.

Parsons just has an offer to Colorado — so he’s still under the radar — but he had 634 receiving yards last year. Other big-name schools — Virginia, Michigan, Stanford, Oregon — have expressed interest.

“I’ve mostly played wide receiver all of my life,” he said. “This past season was the first season I played tight end and I think I did well. Coaches tell me they love my ability to run after the catch and how I use my body to catch the ball. They all tell me my routes and receiving ability as a tight end are off the charts.”

Parsons will come for NU’s Junior Day.

http://sports.omaha.com/2012/02/13/recruiting-the-race-to-2013-begins/

Kid grew up in Colorado and his Mom is a Buff. No way in Hell he ends up in stincoln.

Seriously, folks — it’s been that long since a upper-crust tight end said yes to Nebraska.

Yeah... upper-crust and kNeebraskee just don't seem to go well together do they!!

Yeah... upper-crust and kNeebraskee just don't seem to go well together do they!!

Only if we're talking about what's visible when a Fusker bends over.

But let's stop talking about their co-eds. This is a recruit thread.

Parsons is visiting this weekend on an unofficial and will be at the Cal game.

He recently made an unofficial to Nebraska. Here's part of what he had to tell Scout (I love this kid):

"I wasn't too impressed with Lincoln," Parsons said. "I mean, I guess when you compare it to Boulder, not many things compare, but the facilities were one-of-a-kind. I've never seen anything like them. So they had some goods and some bads."

He recently made an unofficial to Nebraska. Here's part of what he had to tell Scout (I love this kid):

"I wasn't too impressed with Lincoln," Parsons said. "I mean, I guess when you compare it to Boulder, not many things compare, but the facilities were one-of-a-kind. I've never seen anything like them. So they had some goods and some bads."
Now that's someone who has been conditioned well.

Visiting this weekend, hopefully back in March for the state basketball championships, and a another visit to Boulder for Junior Day to lock him up. It is that easy.

Sounds so much better than Thurston last year. I cannot figure out why anyone would voluntarily go to Nebraska.

Freakin awesome quote.

Suweet. Sounds like the kid is already OK with spurning other schools. I'm feeling pretty good about this one. He'll catch a lot of passes up at CU in his career. Him, Ray and Hobbs should give the PAC12 DC's a bunch of headaches!

Love this kids attitude. He would be one hell of a first commitment.
Agreed, Parsons would be an ideal start to the class. The staff could basically move on from te and focus their efforts on other positions too. Parsons and Ray would be a nice bookend te duo.

Would like to see him add about 30 pounds of good weight. Would wait to see his senior film.

Parsons is okay, there might be another player out there that is better, and with our limited scholies next year, we have to be selective, highly selective. I wonder if he wasn't an instate would he have recievedthe offer.

Parsons is worth a Scholarship.

So he's worthy of a scholarship now? :smile2: Why the change of heart?

what a kick ass quote. He's already become my favorite '13 recruit. Let's get him! Make an impression at the Cal game this weekend!

That quote is worth a scholarship on it's own!!! Parsons is no slouch. Would love to see him as our first verbal.

I really want this kid to be our first commit. Do we have a name for the guy that commits first? I know other schools give them a nickname and they expect that first commit to go out and get other talent for the school. If we don't have a name for one, we need to think of one asap!

Back