What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'13 IN QB Danny Etling (Signed to Purdue)

Duff Man

Club Member
Club Member
Junta Member
Rivals
Scout
ESPN
247 Sports

i

Terre Haute South Vigo H.S. (Terre Haute, IN)

Ht: 6-foot-3
Wt: 200 lbs
40:

Rivals rating: 4*-5.8rr; #9 PQB (#167 overall)
Scout rating: 3*; #40 QB
ESPN rating: 4*-83 grade; #12 PQB (#175 overall)
247s rating: 3*-89 rating; #21 PQB

Reported Offers: COLORADO, Indiana State, Iowa, Purdue

[video=youtube;6i0eqr75qQA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6i0eqr75qQA[/video]

The stats are not overly impressive: 1500 yards, 9 touchdowns, and 6 interceptions as a junior. But then his team was also just 2-7 on the season, so he may not be the main issue.

247 has a free article on him today:

http://247sports.com/Article/Etling-on-Buffs-Boilers-64285

Etling added his offer from Colorado on Friday, and he plans to visit the Buffaloes campus this weekend.

“I don’t know too much about them yet,” he said. “I’ve talked to Coach (Rip) Scherer their quarterbacks coach. He’s a great standup guy. He really knows what he’s looking for and knows quarterbacks, and that’s the kind of coach I’d like to play for.”

There has been some pretty positive pub about him coming out the Elite 11 stop in Dallas over the weekend. Iowa recently jumped in with an offer as well.

Seems like Purdue is likely the team to beat, according to both recent Rivals and 247 Sports updates.

Not a bad choice by him, Purdue has one of the best QB farm system in recent memory. Congrats. Its nice even though we got Sefo that this kid had interest in us, and he shows that Rip is a really good recruiter. Good luck kid.

Not a bad choice by him, Purdue has one of the best QB farm system in recent memory. Congrats. Its nice even though we got Sefo that this kid had interest in us, and he shows that Rip is a really good recruiter. Good luck kid.

Purdue's not what it was in the Brees & Orton eras when they were the first program to bring a passing attack to the Big Ten. Still pretty good, though.

Made a huge jump on Rivals from a 3* (5.6) to a 4* after his Elite 11 performance.

BTW he has been Purdue's starter for the last 4 games. Imagine if Sefo had these stats:

46%completion, 674 yards, 3 TD's and 5 INT's. Sacked 19 times

I was watching their game vs OSU and they haven't had a red zone snap in over a month. Ouch

Back