1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

'13 JC C Lucas Stivrins

Discussion in 'University of Colorado Recruiting Archive - Basket' started by Buffnik, Feb 23, 2013.

1. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

Rivals
    Scout
    ESPN
    247sports

[​IMG]
    Pratt C.C. (Pratt, KS)

AAU: AZ Red Shirts

Ht: 6-foot-11
    Wt: 210 lbs

Rivals rating: unrated C
    Scout rating:
    ESPN rating:
    247s rating:

Reported Offers: Nevada, Tulsa

2. Buffnik

[video=youtube;h0QtwFHBlOY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0QtwFHBlOY[/video]

3. Buffnik

Here's some stuff on him from a November 2012 Rivals article:

Stivrins is the son of former NBA player Alex Stivrins, who played basketball at the University of Colorado. The elder Stivrins played 10 years of professional basketball, mostly in Europe, but he had a stint with the Phoenix Suns in the early 1990s.

The younger Stivrins has scholarship offers from Tulsa and Nevada, while also receiving strong interest from Colorado, Clemson and St. Louis. He was a qualifier as a senior at Chaparral High School in Scottsdale, Arizona, last year and will have three years of eligibility remaining.

Stivrins played club basketball with the AZ Red Shirts, averaging 18 points, 14.6 rebounds and 2.6 blocks per game.

Over the summer, Stivrins -- who holds dual citizenship in the US and England -- competed in the FIBA European Championships with the Under 18 England National Team. He helped England advance out of pool play with five straight wins, and they settled for the bronze medal in the A Division. Stivrins earned a starting position and averaged 3.8 points and 4.1 rebounds in 12 minutes of play per game.

http://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1434831

4. MtnBuff

MtnBuff Not allowed in Barzil 2 Club Member

I hope the 6'11" 210 is from his HS days because if not he is going to have to deal with the same issues as Mills. We need somebody who can push and shove with the big muscle guys in the PAC.

5. mattrob

mattrob Club Member Club Member

OK, I'm really hoping this is a kid we were tracking but not offering. I don't see the size to compete inside in the Pac-12 next year and, as a developmental prospect, I'd rather have a guy like Jack Williams in 2014. I want to have as many schollies available in 2014 as we can.

6. Buffnik

What I have heard is that Tad knows that he has the 3 openings for the recruits he signed.

The question is on whether he will end up with a 4th opening. If he has another spot, the word is that he feels like we need a frontcourt player who can help us immediately. Ideally, that would be a senior transfer who would give us production next season but not impact the 2014 scholarship recruiting numbers. But failing that, he is supposedly looking at JUCOs for immediate help.

This all points to Tad believing that 1 more productive frontcourt guy is the missing piece for a team that could make a deep Tourney run in 2013-14.

Because of that, I started playing in the Rivals databases to see if there are any JUCO bigs we might look at. I couldn't find much. Another guy who is interesting is Daniel Hield at Otero JC in La Junta, CO. He's 6'10" and 330 lbs. Originally from the Bahamas and spent his frosh year at Odessa College. Major project and I didn't see anything to suggest that Tad has even looked at him.

aik likes this.
  7. mattrob

Thanks for the explanation Nik. That all makes a lot of sense and is consistent with everything that's been reported. It'll be interesting to see if we end up with that 4th scholarship next year.

8. MtnBuff

MtnBuff Not allowed in Barzil 2 Club Member

A little harder to push around.

9. BehindEnemyLines

BehindEnemyLines beware the habu Club Member

Hell, it would be hard to fit him into the huddle during timeouts.

10. SECOBuffsFan

SECOBuffsFan Active Member

I haven't seen them play this year, but Houston Reed does a great job of player development at OJC and they made the JUCO National Tournament 2nd Round last season before getting eliminated. They have a kid playing for Western Kentucky (Brandon Harris) this year as well.

11. nolabuff

nolabuff Club Member Club Member

If we have the spot, I'd rather it go to a senior transfer like nik said. The body just reminds me too much of Ben Mills, I want a banger. I'd be more willing to take the 330 lbs dude for intimidation alone.

12. mattrob

I think everyone prefers a senior transfer. The problem is, there just aren't many of those guys out there.

13. nolabuff

nolabuff Club Member Club Member

Agreed. Bank the scholarship if we're not able to get one. 2014 could be the biggest recruiting year yet for the buffs.

14. mattrob

I definitely agree with that.