What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'13 JC QB Nelson Fishback (Verbal to W Kentucky)

Buffnik

Real name isn't Nik
Club Member
Junta Member
Rivals
Scout (HS)
ESPN (HS)
247sports

1384181.jpg

Butte C.C. (Oroville, CA)

Ht: 6-foot-2
Wt: 210 lbs
40: 4.75 secs

Rivals rating:
Scout rating:
ESPN rating:
247s rating:

Reported Offers: Western Illinois

Full qualifier out of high school. 4 years to play 3.

http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1488834

"Everything about Boulder and the coaching staff and what they have going on there is really nice," said the 6-foot-2, 218-pounder. "I am pretty familiar with [head] coach [Mike] MacIntyre and the whole staff from when they were at San Jose State. It was a good visit but I want to be cordial about this whole thing."
- March 27, 2013

At this point, gonna trust in the coaches' opinion of both Fishback and the current candidates. And hope for the best.

At this point, gonna trust in the coaches' opinion of both Fishback and the current candidates. And hope for the best.
About all we can do at this point. Now I know my old man felt in the early 80s.

Impressive highlights... :thumbsup: Kid looks pretty poised, good ball faking ability, and smart decisions. Quick release and he will really look good in a pistol where he can make his decisions even faster. Maybe we should offer their tight end also.

Watched the first 2 min. He looked good. But he didn't have the entire DL in his pocket like our QBs did last year. Would like to see how he handles pressure. Saw lots of time to throw, make reads, etc.

Frankly, with that much pocket protection, I think Wood or Hirshman would look equally effective against that level of competition.

holy cow. He was 4.75 in high school and went to a 4.65. Once our trainers get a hold of him, he is going to be running a 4.35 at the NFL combine.

'13 JC QB Nelson Fishback

holy cow. He was 4.75 in high school and went to a 4.65. Once our trainers get a hold of him, he is going to be running a 4.35 at the NFL combine.

After seeing our first depth chart at QB I think I am hoping we bring this kid in. No matter what others say I have no confidence in any of the 4 except maybe Dillon, only because we haven't seen him in action yet and he came in relatively highly regarded. For god sake, someone please beat out Webb at least.

I've thought about this, and come around to the only logical conclusion. His name is fishback. We must sign him.

Certainly sounds more likely we'd bring him in since the only guy we had with any meaningful college experience just went down.

Western Kentucky may be the team to beat (don't laugh). He visited there recently and seems to really like Bobby Petrino.

BCS or not, I'm sure that the kid wants to play. If Mac has said he'll have a chance to compete, while WKU has said he'll start I can see his dilemma. I think that I Mac was gaga for this kid, he'd get him.

He committed to WKU this afternoon.

Not sure if this means that the lure of playing for Petrino was so strong, or that our coaches were not as interested in bringing him in. Depth at the position would seem to be an issue now, so who else is on the transfer/juco market?

Back