What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'13 LA ILB Edward Williams

Buffnik

Real name isn't Nik
Club Member
Junta Member
Rivals
Scout
ESPN
247 Sports

i

Warren Easton H.S. (New Orleans, LA)

Ht: 6-foot-3
Wt: 230 lbs
40: 4.58 secs

Rivals rating:
Scout rating:
ESPN rating:
247s rating:

Reported Offers: COLORADO, Arizona, Arizona State, LA-Lafayette, Louisiana Tech, Memphis, Nebraska, Oregon State, Southern Miss, TCU, Texas A&M, UCF

[video=youtube;JkHLnaxgH1Y]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JkHLnaxgH1Y[/video]

Williams was a first-team all-district selection after he recorded 115 tackles and 11 sacks as a junior.

"He has great instincts and he comes downhill really, really hard. He is a great tackler," [Warren Easton head coach Tony] Hull said. "He has a great frame and he is one of those high motor players. You can lock him in a room full of lions and he'll come out alive. He is a great kid off the field. He is a studious kid, has great grades. He wears a collared shirt buttoned all the way up to the top. But on the field, he is an animal, he is a pit bull."

http://colorado.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1377535

Folks, watch this film.

He's my #1 target now. EB's got to do some work for us in NOLA and get an official visit this fall. Under Cabral, this is a guy who would be a great player for us and end up making the League.

More film:

[video=youtube;rfmzQlr23DM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rfmzQlr23DM&feature=related[/video]

He has good instincts. Gets to the ball quick. Not sure that 4.58 is all that accurate.

This one will be interesting. Based on the Rivals article, I don't get the impression he's a kid who grew up dreaming about which college he was going to, and I wonder how much he knows about a lot of the schools. That said, I think Cabral could be a big advantage here. We really need to make sure this kid realizes just how many LB's Cabral has put into the NFL and that he could be next in line.

Three things:

1. He is the type of player we need to close on to finish out this class.
2. At some point, the time spent in New Orleans by EB has to amount to something. I know we got Hall in the last class, but if we are going to have EB devoting some time there, it should be more than that.
3. If he is visiting Oregon State, no reason we cannot convince him to visit Boulder and sell him on Cabral's track record.

EB is not pulling his weight. He is supposed to be our best recruiter

Uh. Get a soft commit at best from one guy so we completely stop recruiting #2? I sure hope that isn't accurate..

One of the casualties of a huge class by A&M. They asked him to grayshirt and he is opening things back up. Oregon State may be a lucky recipient here.

Dear god AtM went overboard on the verbals. I wish we could have gotten in on some of these players. Down to Tulane or Texas Tech.

Back