What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'13 TX DE Torrodney Prevot (Verbal to USC)

Duff Man

Club Member
Club Member
Junta Member
Rivals
Scout
ESPN
247 Sports

i

Alief Taylor H.S. (Houston, TX)

Ht: 6-foot-4
Wt: 215 lbs
40: 4.6 secs

Rivals rating: 4*-5.8rr; #7 WDE (#163 overall)
Scout rating: 4*; #13 DE
ESPN rating: 4*-83 grade; #19 DE (#236 overall)
247s rating: 4*-91 rating; #10 WDE (#140 overall)

Reported Offers: COLORADO, Arizona, Arizona State, Baylor, Cal, Houston, Illinois, Kansas, LSU, Mississippi, Mississippi State, Notre Dame, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Oregon, SMU, Texas, Texas A&M, Texas Tech, USC, Utah
, Vanderbilt, West Virginia

Prevot is an explosive edge rusher out of Houston whom was an all-district selection as a junior with 53 tackles, 12 sacks, and 18 TFL. He has started to receive interest/offers from several BCS programs. He also runs track.

Watch the film. He has legit speed for a pass rusher and has the frame to add some good weight.

Now has an offer from us (as well as several others). Kid is an absolute freak.

rn_torrodneyprevot_ms_400.jpg

[h=1]Prevot earns NFTC MVP honors[/h]
IRVING, Texas -- Surely this must have been a mistake.

There's no way a wide receiver was just named the most valuable player of the defensive line at the Nike Football Training Camp in Dallas on Sunday, right?

Well, sort of.

[h=1]USC offers DE Torrodney Prevot[/h]Fresh off an MVP performance at the Nike Football Training Camp at the Dallas Cowboys practice facility, Torrodney Prevot (Houston, Texas/Taylor) has picked up another solid offer -- this one classified as arguably one of his most recognizable.

Prevot picked up an offer from USC on Tuesday afternoon and added to his constantly growing list. The 6-foot-4, 205-pound defensive end now has 19 offers and called the USC offer "very exciting." Other big-name schools that have put an offer on the table are LSU, Texas, Oklahoma, Texas A&M and West Virginia.

Prevot was named the MVP of defensive linemen at the NFTC. He also was considered the top overall performer, showing his explosiveness and agility during 1-on-1 drills against offensive linemen. He said Sunday’s camp experience really was helpful for him, particularly with him being a tall but lighter defensive end compared to the others around him.

ESPN Insider

USC offers DE Torrodney Prevot

Fresh off an MVP performance at the Nike Football Training Camp at the Dallas Cowboys practice facility, Torrodney Prevot (Houston, Texas/Taylor) has picked up another solid offer -- this one classified as arguably one of his most recognizable.

Prevot picked up an offer from USC on Tuesday afternoon and added to his constantly growing list. The 6-foot-4, 205-pound defensive end now has 19 offers and called the USC offer "very exciting." Other big-name schools that have put an offer on the table are LSU, Texas, Oklahoma, Texas A&M and West Virginia.

Prevot was named the MVP of defensive linemen at the NFTC. He also was considered the top overall performer, showing his explosiveness and agility during 1-on-1 drills against offensive linemen. He said Sunday’s camp experience really was helpful for him, particularly with him being a tall but lighter defensive end compared to the others around him.

ESPN Insider

You know, I really like your dancing buffalo avatar but it pisses me off when I see the dancing buffalo and think the post is good news for the Buffs only to find out that it's bad news...

http://colorado.scout.com/2/1172781.html

"You could be something big someday," said the Colorado assistant coach, shortly after Prevot made varsity.

Fast forward more than a year, and the coach has proved almost prophetic. Prevot has emerged as the top defensive end in the state of Texas, and one of the top defensive end prospects in the entire country. He only furthered his case this past weekend with a standout performance at the Dallas Nike Camp.

Interesting.

Hard to compete with the u$c offer...but if he wants to come to a great school and beautiful campus in a great setting, then he should pick CU

Hard to compete with the u$c offer...but if he wants to come to a great school and beautiful campus in a great setting, then he should pick CU

USC can only take 18 this year (with 3 early enrollees). They're at 16 now, with 3 DLs. They may not have room for Prevot.

That's 18. Great pickup, but they're done now. West region dominoes should start falling.

Can they over sign and kick some kids to the curb end of the year. I know NCAA is trying to crack down on the SEC recruiting loophole, but seems like something Kiffin would do.

Can they over sign and kick some kids to the curb end of the year. I know NCAA is trying to crack down on the SEC recruiting loophole, but seems like something Kiffin would do.

15 initial scholarship max.

The 3 extra is what they could take in early enrollees to count back to the 2012 class.

Beyond that, they could take transfers if they are under the total scholarship max of 75.

This all works out very conveniently for them

I'm not going to dump on USC for being smart in how they handled this. Credit where it's due. I want to beat them because we outperformed them, not because the jokers at the NCAA handed it to us. Besides, I always thought their punishment was unprecedented and excessive compared to penalties that have been handed out elsewhere where direct action by coaches and staffers actually broke rules in ways that created a competitive advantage.

I'm not going to dump on USC for being smart in how they handled this. Credit where it's due. I want to beat them because we outperformed them, not because the jokers at the NCAA handed it to us. Besides, I always thought their punishment was unprecedented and excessive compared to penalties that have been handed out elsewhere where direct action by coaches and staffers actually broke rules in ways that created a competitive advantage.

Compared to what the NCAA did to tOSU it seems like USC got hammered. Doesn't mean that I don't disagree with their punishment, just that the NCAA sucks. I'm not a Kiffin fan, but the guy is playing within the rules and if he gets caught with his hand in the cookie jar I'd expect USC to get hammered again, especially with Kiffin's past dealings at Tennessee

If sanctions happened here I'd expect our coaches to do everything they could to make sure we stay competitive. ****, that's their job. They are paid to win and skirt the line at times. You think OU fans dislike Switzer?

Compared to what the NCAA did to tOSU it seems like USC got hammered. Doesn't mean that I don't disagree with their punishment, just that the NCAA sucks. I'm not a Kiffin fan, but the guy is playing within the rules and if he gets caught with his hand in the cookie jar I'd expect USC to get hammered again, especially with Kiffin's past dealings at Tennessee

If sanctions happened here I'd expect our coaches to do everything they could to make sure we stay competitive. ****, that's their job. They are paid to win and skirt the line at times. You think OU fans dislike Switzer?

How about what UCF is about to get? A 1-year bowl ban (and 1-year post-season hoops ban) when the school was working with runners for sports agents, making cash payments, and giving gifts to recruits? There were "lack of institutional control" allegations since it was not just the football program. Specific assistant coaches are named for unethical conduct.

Compare that with USC being giving a 2-year bowl ban and scholarship reductions for multiple years because the coaches didn't do a good enough job of monitoring the financial circumstances of a player's family (no connection of Reggie Bush's agent to USC or knowledge of the situation was ever demonstrated).

Back