What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'13 TX DE Torrodney Prevot (Verbal to USC)

Recruiting to USC is ridiculously easy right now. They have top kids lined up waiting for an offer and the toughest part is deciding who not to take.

Even with that I still have my suspicions about Kiffen. The rule book never seemed to concern him a lot before and it would not shock me to see USC end up in the crosshairs of an investigation again. If that happens it will be interesting to see what the NCAA does with further sanctions.

In the mean time they continue to add to their collection of talent. They have some kids who may never see much of the field who would be early starters at other schools.

Wait, wut?

This puts USC at 18 verbals with 3 5 stars and 15 4 stars. don't they have a NCAA-imposed scholly limit of 15? Are they seriously going to be able to talk some four stars into grey-shirting?

Wait, wut?

This puts USC at 18 verbals with 3 5 stars and 15 4 stars. don't they have a NCAA-imposed scholly limit of 15? Are they seriously going to be able to talk some four stars into grey-shirting?
Read on another forums that USC has 2 silent commits as well, those 2 commits play same position and it's a position where they have commits from 2 guys.

Wait, wut?

3 will enroll early. They ended up taking a smaller class last year because they worked the appeal process to delay things and pushed a ton of last year's guys back a class. USC is doing a masterful job of handling this.

I think it helps smooth things out but they should still feel pain, no?

They will. It's going to be hard for them to even be at the 75 player max with 15 signees a year considering how many of their players leave early for the NFL in addition to normal attrition. National Champion contenders (maybe favorites) in 2012 followed by 3 or 4 years of being vulnerable.

Read on another forums that USC has 2 silent commits as well, those 2 commits play same position and it's a position where they have commits from 2 guys.

Not sure how the numbers would allow this, even with their maneuvering and roster management from last year.

They will. It's going to be hard for them to even be at the 75 player max with 15 signees a year considering how many of their players leave early for the NFL in addition to normal attrition. National Champion contenders (maybe favorites) in 2012 followed by 3 or 4 years of being vulnerable.

I still don't get this:

they had 30 in 2011 during the appeal, and some of those were EE that year to get down below 25, right? IIIRC they had 9 EEs, so that would have put them at 23 for 2010, and 21 for 2011. Then, they essentially dropped the appeal and took the three years of 15 recruits for 2012, 2013, and 2014. They signed 16, but got down to 12 via pushing 4 kids to EE and count towards the 2011 class, making that a full 25 and now they are pushing 3 kids to the 2012 class, giving them only 15 slots for next year, correct?

So, if I understand correctly, Torrodney Prevot finishes their 2013 class and they have no more room in this class, and will be limited to 15 total next year. Is that right?

D_sc,

I think you nailed it.

Only way they can have more than 15 new faces next year is if they're under 75 and either accept transfers or grant scholarships to walk-ons who are (I think this is right) at least 2 years removed from high school.

I'm just waiting for the day that all the moving around of the players into different years catches up and USC gets additional penalties for failing to meet the NCAA graduation success rates.

Last 2 visits were to Oregon and Texas A&M. I wonder if USC will hold onto him.

Back