What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'13 TX OG Jonathan Huckins (Signed to Colorado)

One thing to add to Nik's post, there are also players the coaches are trying to get out to our camp in July. Some of these players have offers and some do not. Camps are a good way for a player to either move up the board or to earn an initial offer. The coaches get to measure the athletes and run them through drills, which can make a big impact when the coaches see the prospect up close and personal. Plus they get to know the prospect as a person some while the prospect gets to see Boulder/the campus.

One thing to add to Nik's post, there are also players the coaches are trying to get out to our camp in July. Some of these players have offers and some do not. Camps are a good way for a player to either move up the board or to earn an initial offer. The coaches get to measure the athletes and run them through drills, which can make a big impact when the coaches see the prospect up close and personal. Plus they get to know the prospect as a person some while the prospect gets to see Boulder/the campus.

And it doesn't count as an OV, right, BB?

I know that Huckins is planning a visit to CU in early June.

That's certainly good news. I hope he really enjoys the trip.

How can anyone not like a trip to Boulder?

Watched his tape, really like it. Bulldozer out on the field. If he committed, he'd be our second OL whose 300+ as a junior. Could we be getting Wisconsin size OL men in here?

Last edited:
I can assure you that he has NOT narrowed down his college choices to Texas-based ones only. He comes from England, is fairly well travelled and comfortable being away from home. I believe that this upcoming trip to Boulder will be very important to his decision making. :thumbsup2:
have to ask... who is his favorite football...ie soccer team?

What a stud. I'm hoping the beauty of Boulder and family atmosphere on the team will convince him to leave Texass. Plus the last 2 years we had 2 drafted OL, one was an Outland finalist.

Shoulder to shoulder!!

This kid plays with a chip on his shoulder. Perfect for the atmosphere that JE is trying to establish. Get this kid in the Black&Gold.

Could be out second 300+ pounded OL this cycle. **** yes let's close on him! It doesn't get any better in Boulder!

Impressive that a man of this size can get to the second level and make those kind of blocks on smaller, quicker players. This kid could be a big time player.

Impressive that a man of this size can get to the second level and make those kind of blocks on smaller, quicker players. This kid could be a big time player.
And he does not stop, that motor just keeps going.

From accounts I've heard, Jonathan and his Mom were wowed by Boulder, CU and coaching staff. They all did a great job in making them feel welcome & wanted.

Good to hear! It sounds like the Buffs may be the team to beat, with Huckins looking to commit early.

From accounts I've heard, Jonathan and his Mom were wowed by Boulder, CU and coaching staff. They all did a great job in making them feel welcome & wanted.
being from Texas and returning from a recent trip visiting - it is easy to be WOW'd here in Boulder. It is so dang hot down there and with the bugs and stale air - this place is beautiful! I heard one of his teammates also visiting? any word on him?

Just got through the thread and I am hoping we can put together a nice o-line class. Anyone have an idea on numbers we are looking at?

Just got through the thread and I am hoping we can put together a nice o-line class. Anyone have an idea on numbers we are looking at?

It's been mentioned in one of the various threads dedicated to the O-Line situation that the coaches are looking at taking as many as 7 OL this cycle. I think that's at least 2 too many.

A class of 4-5 3* guys would be OK with me. Not spectacular, but respectable and good enough to provide some decent talent and depth.

Back