What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'13 TX OT Alex Mayes (Verbal to Minnesota)

Jeesus. Losing a recruit to Minnesota? My God, how far have we fallen? I'm depressed.

They've been to 2 bowl games since our last bowl appearance...:huh:
Ok, let's review...it's butt cold there, their HC has a seizure bi annually, and they are rebuilding just like we are...did I mention it is butt cold?

Ok, let's review...it's butt cold there, their HC has a seizure bi annually, and they are rebuilding just like we are...did I mention it is butt cold?

Perhaps the "new facilities" have struck again. They do have a gorgeous new stadium.

unless they go to a bowl (which seems highly unlikely at this point) hes gonna miss a month of that cold. its really not that bad anyways, something only a weak man would complain about :wink:

We need to stay on this kid. Make sure he takes an OV to St. Paul in January. I absolutely guarantee you a kid from Texas has no idea what true, brutal cold is.

We need to stay on this kid. Make sure he takes an OV to St. Paul in January. I absolutely guarantee you a kid from Texas has no idea what true, brutal cold is.

It isn't just the cold, it is midwest cold. Low temperatures, snow, but making it much worse is the wind, the humidity that cuts right through you, and not seeing the sun for weeks on end.

Way back I knew a guy who was offered a professorship at Miinnesota. When he went up to visit they made a big deal out of the fact that they could get him an on-campus house that was connected to the tunnels. He asked what was the big deal about the tunnels. When they told him that they were to get around campus when the weather conditions outside were to dangerous his decision to stay in Colorado was made.

He really likes Minnesota, but if he does change his mind, I doubt we have a shot. Best to move on.

It isn't just the cold, it is midwest cold. Low temperatures, snow, but making it much worse is the wind, the humidity that cuts right through you, and not seeing the sun for weeks on end.

Coming from Colorado, I never thought it could snow once it got to around 5 degrees. It was just too cold for the clouds to form snowflakes. I mean, think about it - does it ever snow around here when it gets cold? Not really. It snows like mad in December and March, but the cold months of January and February, not so much. It wasn't until I moved to Fargo, ND that I realized that yes, indeed, it can snow like a muthaka when it's 20 below. The folks who live up there are hearty stock, but even they hate it.

Back