What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'13 TX OT Sam Kronshage (Signed to Colorado)

so we pull our big monster o-line out of texas, our quick and powerful skill players from california and texas, and our defensive backs from DC. Gotta love the pipe lines this staff is creating. Almost like we hired them to recruit or something. Welcome Sam. Cant wait to see you opening some gaping holes for the buffs run game.

Just watched his highlights and I am even more excited. This kid just explodes into defenders. Unreal. Glad he is coming to Boulder

Only Houston-area OT prospect who was on the aTm Rivals "Big Board" of their recruiting targets.

http://tamu.rivals.com/content.asp?SID=893&CID=1331465

Glad he said he's done with recruiting.

That was the best line in the article. He sounds very solid.

I'll admit, I wasn't sure about this offer initially, but after seeing the highlight tape today, I'm pretty happy to see the commitment. He's definitely a big kid, but he's got better feet than I expected. I don't think he'll ever be a LT, but he should be a big, physical mauler on the right side.

Now, we just need to pull in Mayes this summer to round out the Texas trio (and maybe Dewayne Johnson). If we can do that, we should be in the driver's seat for Connor Mayes (who looks REALLY good) next year and probably Noller too. This whole OL thing may just work out!

Great news on both Sam and Jonathan! Looking forward to seeing you both in BnG! As others have said, The Woodlands is a great school for us to build up connections.

I'm guessing McGhee knew the HS coach and got Marshall in there to do the recruiting. Just a guess tho.

McGhee found them and did the primary recruiting. Marshall did his job, though, by knocking it down once it was set up for him. That's pretty much all I want from him as a recruiter other than pulling a Solis every now and again in his primary area. Marshall is earning most of his paycheck for how well he coaches up his OL unit.

Love me some pancakes, Sam. Welcome!

4b2008ca-e695-3af7.jpg

I definitely see Center in his future.

I don't see that. Huckins, yes, but Kronshage is more of the body type the staff likes at tackle. He's long and isn't ever going to be stocky. I think Kronshage is a pure RT who could fill in at OG if we had a need (adding depth there) but that it wouldn't be his ideal position. He's at least 6'5" and could be 6'7" before he's done. I don't see him ever playing C.

I don't see that. Huckins, yes, but Kronshage is more of the body type the staff likes at tackle. He's long and isn't ever going to be stocky. I think Kronshage is a pure RT who could fill in at OG if we had a need (adding depth there) but that it wouldn't be his ideal position. He's at least 6'5" and could be 6'7" before he's done. I don't see him ever playing C.

I agree that Kronshage will be a tackle but I also see Huckins at OG not tackle.

I agree that Kronshage will be a tackle but I also see Huckins at OG not tackle.

Agree. What I meant regarding Huckins is that while I see him as a guard, I also expect him to get some practice time at center.

Agree. What I meant regarding Huckins is that while I see him as a guard, I also expect him to get some practice time at center.

Although Huckins has not played Center for The Woodlands, the OL coach has each of the OL practice C regularly just in case they are needed.

WhooooooooooooHHHHOOOooooooooooooo!!

Welcome so glad to have ya.

Well it was my turn to be on vacation and come back to good news.

Back