What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'13 TX SF George King (Signed to Colorado)

132 inch reach huh? Am I missing something here or is wingspan some new measurement I'm not aware of because 132 inches would be a world record and this kid's knuckles would be dragging on the ground.

Got to be a mis-print. I'm all for hyping a recruit, but I doubt he can dunk while standing flat-footed. :lol:

B.G. Brooks' article on the Coaches Caravan

Saw that this morning and was going to post - then work got in the way. Glad to have read the full post and watched the highlights as a result, much more excited now - although if he did have an 11' wingspan.....

From Henderson's Blog in the DP:
“We could’ve banked Andre’s scholarship and used it in the 2014 class and we knew in 2014 we’re going to sign a point guard, a wing - a 6-5 to 6-7 wing which is what George King is - and we’re going to try and sign a big man,” Boyle told the crowd. “We had to compare George King relative to the 2014 wings on our list. There was one wing on our list who was as good or maybe a little bit better but there was no guarantee we were going to get that guy. George was better than everybody else on our list in 2014.”

“We could’ve banked Andre’s scholarship and used it in the 2014 class and we knew in 2014 we’re going to sign a point guard, a wing - a 6-5 to 6-7 wing which is what George King is - and we’re going to try and sign a big man,” Boyle told the crowd. “We had to compare George King relative to the 2014 wings on our list. There was one wing on our list who was as good or maybe a little bit better but there was no guarantee we were going to get that guy. George was better than everybody else on our list in 2014.”

Pickens? Regardless, that's pretty high praise for the King. Can't wait to see him in B&G!

That's a pretty telling quote with some of the 2014 talent we're in on. And if the staff is that high in King, it was definitely the right call to take him.

Pickens? Regardless, that's pretty high praise for the King. Can't wait to see him in B&G!
2014 wing - I read that as King is as good as one of the prospects they were in on, but took King rather than waiting until the 2014 season to have the unnamed kid on campus.

http://www.cubuffs.com//ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=600&ATCLID=207655865 I thought it interesting Boyle offered King the same day Dre declared for the draft. Obviously Boyle must have been pretty excited about King. He didn't need to sleep on it.

I believe that means that Tad offered the kid the same day he first met him. From what I have heard, Tad never saw this kid play untill that sunday, where someone told him to check out this kid in the morning, but he said that he was full for 2013. Andre left mid day, then Tad came back and checked him out. A week later, he committed. The kid must have been pretty impressive.

I believe that means that Tad offered the kid the same day he first met him. From what I have heard, Tad never saw this kid play untill that sunday, where someone told him to check out this kid in the morning, but he said that he was full for 2013. Andre left mid day, then Tad came back and checked him out. A week later, he committed. The kid must have been pretty impressive.

The only problem with that story is that Tad had to have known it was likely for some time Andre was leaving. I think Tad was "full" either way and just wasn't focusing on 2013 until King blew him away.

Back