What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'13 TX SG Sled Allen (PWO to Colorado)

absinthe

Ambitious but rubbish.
Club Member
Junta Member
Rivals
Scout
ESPN
247 Sport

allen-e1365887468924-150x150.jpg

St. Michael's Academy (Austin, TX)

AAU: Texas D1 Ambassadors

Ht: 6-foot-5
Wt: 195 lbs

Rivals rating:
Scout rating:
ESPN rating:
247s rating:

Reported Offers: unknown, but reportedly turned down scholarship offers to be a PWO at CU

D1nation is reporting Sled Allen of Austin St. Michael has committed as a PWO for 2013.

will update profile hen not on my phone:

[video=youtube;bvrnErjuq3E]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bvrnErjuq3E[/video]

[video=youtube;tZStiJs-6wM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZStiJs-6wM[/video]

Sled Allen has accepted a preferred walk-on opportunity at Colorado.

He’s a late bloomer; a tough, physical kid whose skill set is rapidly developing. He’s now capable of coming off the curl, taking you off the bounce and flushing in traffic. His outside shooting touch continues to improve as well so that’s he’s now a legitimate threat from outside. While at Austin St. Michael’s under Coach Mackey Smith, Allen did everything asked of him and emerged as a true senior leader. Allen played this spring for the Texas D1 Ambassadors-Roberson . His assorted accomplishments from this past high school season are listed below.

Averaged double digit scoring all year.
All tournament player in the Navarro tournament
All tournament player in the Salado tournament
MVP of his TAPPS 5A high school varsity basketball team
TAPPS 5A All District first team
TAPPS 5A All State Honorable mention

This is good news about walk ons. I was wondering about Josh Scott's brother, Jordon ... highly rated guy who as offers, but has not signed yet. In the back of my mind, I was thinking that maybe he would do this, given his brother plays here and he is in in state kid (tuition). Any indications about him?

Kids like this make us better. He'll probably never see live action in a game, but he'll make the team better by playing tough in practice.

Kids like this make us better. He'll probably never see live action in a game, but he'll make the team better by playing tough in practice.

I would expect him to play. Gamble gave us some minutes this year. Coney gave us quality minutes in the 2010-11 season. In 2011-12, Tad even started Beau Webb against Wichita State.

Under Tad, Allen will get every opportunity to earn significant minutes. And if he does his job in practice, Tad will get him on the court during games to reward his hustle regardless of whether he's good enough to make the main rotation.

If he never sees much playing time he will make us a better team by stepping up the level of competition in practice. Tad also seems to have a great eye for seeing guys ability to develop. As Nick says if he is willing to do the work Tad will give him an opportunity to earn some time. It may only be in the easier OOC games or it may turn into a role that lets him see some game time that matters.

This is a high quality walk on. I don't expect him to ever get significant minutes, but if he does it means he's a legit player because he's going to be competing against of bunch of studs.

Great name! With the talent Boyle is getting, I doubt he will get many minutes except in blowouts. He will provide the scholly players with good competition in practice, which will make our team much better on game days. If he can become a good shooter, Boyle will find minutes for him (ala~ Knutson).

I would expect him to play. Gamble gave us some minutes this year. Coney gave us quality minutes in the 2010-11 season. In 2011-12, Tad even started Beau Webb against Wichita State.

Under Tad, Allen will get every opportunity to earn significant minutes. And if he does his job in practice, Tad will get him on the court during games to reward his hustle regardless of whether he's good enough to make the main rotation.

12 minutes.... Not exactly 12 important minutes.

It's good to pick up a quality PWO. I don't see where the comments about his shooting stroke come from ( it starts a little low and he pushes the ball too much for me), but I do think he's the kind of a kid who will give an honest effort defensively and challenge our starters in practice. He's a decent athlete too. The one thing I did really like in his highlights is the improvement from his junior to senior year was pretty noticeable.

He might have had a scholarship from us a few years ago. Even the level of our walk on players is improving

Very informative post ! I agree with you Basket ball is famous game all over the world,Even though every tourist likes that game.This is a high quality walk on. I don't expect him to ever get significant minutes, but if he does it means he's a legit player because he's going to be competing against of bunch of studs.

Very informative post ! I agree with you Basket ball is famous game all over the world,Even though every tourist likes that game.This is a high quality walk on. I don't expect him to ever get significant minutes, but if he does it means he's a legit player because he's going to be competing against of bunch of studs.

Very important post! You most famous post of time allways! You like ban list.

Back