What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'13 TX TE Christian Morgan (Verbal to Mississippi)

Duff Man

Club Member
Club Member
Junta Member
Rivals
Scout
ESPN
247 Sports

i

Prestwood Christian Academy (Plano, TX)

Ht: 6-foot-4
Wt: 244 lbs
40: 4.7 secs

Rivals rating: 3*-5.6rr; #24 TE
Scout rating: 4*; #11 TE
ESPN rating: 3*-78 grade; #11 TE
247s rating: 3*-87 rating; #27 TE

Reported Offers: COLORADO, Arizona, Arizona State, Arkansas, Baylor, California, Florida State, Iowa State, Kansas State, Miami (FL), Mississippi, Missouri, SMU, Texas Tech, Tulsa, Vanderbilt, Washington

[video=youtube;xrQ-at_l_B0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xrQ-at_l_B0[/video]

Here's a decent write up on Christian from Burnt Orange Nation.
[h=1]Texas Longhorns Recruiting, Road Tripping with Bill: PCA's Christian Morgan[/h]
Scouting report:

Let me begin by saying that Morgan was battling a illness during the Nolan Catholic game. I'll respect his privacy and not divulge anything further. Basically, it's something that most athletes wouldn't want to play through. I respect his toughness battling through the illness and playing a majority of the defensive snaps for PCA. His team needed him and he answered the bell.

As with every private school recruit, level of competition is a concern. PCA played Celina earlier in the season and lost by one point. The Lions could beat many good Texas 3A teams and most average 4A teams. They went nose to nose with the Celina, a team likely to challenge for the 3A state title this year.

Strengths: Morgan's size jumps out at you. I talked with Morgan after the game, and his height and weight are legit. He's a very lean 240, there's plenty of room on his frame to pack on muscle. I think Morgan could easily play at 260 pounds at the next level. Morgan carries his weight well, and has good muscle development. He is a physical player who uses his leverage well, and is a smart, fundamentally sound player.

He moves well for his size, and gets upfield quickly. It's rare that players his size catch screens and quick slants. He's not a burner, but he can run away from linebackers, and his size causes match up problems against DBs. He is extremely well conditioned, and normally plays a majority of PCA's snaps on offense and defense.
http://www.burntorangenation.com/20...uiting-road-tripping-with-bill-pcas-christian

Reported on the Scout boards recently that Kennedy stopped by Prestwood. Since it is looking like Morgan might grow out of the TE position (combined with having experience at OT), we may be trying to get him in the race by recruiting him as an OT or DE. Some ground to make up either way though.

Flipped from Florida State to Ole Miss and enrolled in January.

Back