What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'13 WA QB Sefo Liufau (Signed to Colorado)

From everything I have heard Sefo could very possibly be a TOP 10 QB this year. I think Embree really did a great job of identifying him early.

It is hard to tell until they get some real live college PT, but I agree Sefu sounds like he may be a huge get...

From everything I have heard Sefo could very possibly be a TOP 10 QB this year. I think Embree really did a great job of identifying him early.

Picking QBs (even at NFL level) is a crapshoot, but I am NOT hearing that. This time 2 years ago, we were building Dorman up as the next Heisman candidate from the Detmer tree.

Picking QBs (even at NFL level) is a crapshoot, but I am NOT hearing that. This time 2 years ago, we were building Dorman up as the next Heisman candidate from the Detmer tree.

Uhh no we weren't. 95% of the posts in Dorman's thread were like WTF... and rightfully so

Nik posted this in that thread, my bold added. Kind of shows how much value some of the "expert" opinions have.

That said we had some similar comments about Dorman in his threat as we see in Sefo's. At the same time it is easy to see that there is a big difference in athleticism. Sefo has basically lifted a team with less overall talent than their opponents to being a very successful team due to his leadership and his ability to make plays.

While the national recruiting sites haven't given Dorman the ratings we'd expect from a Buff recruit, TexasFootball.com rates his as the #5 QB from the Lonestar state this cycle:

http://www.texasfootball.com/qbs-7/

#1 David Ash (Texas)
#2 Russell Bellomy (Purdue)
#3 Michael Brewer (Texas Tech)
#4 Michael Cummings (Kansas)
#5 Stevie Joe Dorman (Colorado)
#6 Dexter Foreman (uncommitted - CU interest)
#7 Daxx Garmon (Arizona)
#8 Jonovan Griffin (Oklahoma State)
#9 Cooper Jones (North Texas)
#10 Chuckie Keeton (Utah State)
#11 Bram Kohlhausen (Houston)
#12 Johnny Manziel (Texas A&M)
#13 James Mauro (Western Kentucky)
#14 Michael Means (uncommitted)
#15 Paul Millard (West Virginia)
#16 Ryan Polite (Texas-San Antonio)
#17 Deauntre Smiley (uncommitted)
#18 Conner Smith (Colorado State)
#19 Jamal Turner (Nebraska)
#20 J.W. Walsh (Oklahoma State)

Texas even has guys outside its top 20 like JaQuarius Daniels, who is a 3* commit for Iowa State

Nik posted this in that thread, my bold added. Kind of shows how much value some of the "expert" opinions have.

That said we had some similar comments about Dorman in his threat as we see in Sefo's. At the same time it is easy to see that there is a big difference in athleticism. Sefo has basically lifted a team with less overall talent than their opponents to being a very successful team due to his leadership and his ability to make plays.

Those players are in alphabetical order -- they aren't ranked. But it is interesting to see that Dorman was considered amongst the 20 best QB's in Texas that year.

Those players are in alphabetical order -- they aren't ranked. But it is interesting to see that Dorman was considered amongst the 20 best QB's in Texas that year.

Just reposted Niks stuff.

Interesting to see Dorman on the same list as Manziel. Do you think that Texas would trade Manziel for Ash straight up? Might be interesting to revisit that list in another couple years to see how things turned out. Dexter Foreman is listed as a RS Fr at Minnesota, hasn't played yet.

Just reposted Niks stuff.

Interesting to see Dorman on the same list as Manziel. Do you think that Texas would trade Manziel for Ash straight up? Might be interesting to revisit that list in another couple years to see how things turned out. Dexter Foreman is listed as a RS Fr at Minnesota, hasn't played yet.

He's on the same list because they both played HS quarterback in Texas the same year, other than that I wouldn't make too many comparisons.

This happens every year, we get all excited about the incoming HS QB because he's had a few articles mention him and he's won a bunch of games in HS. As a fan base we have visions of the new guy coming in and being the next Andrew Luck or Johnny football, because until proven otherwise, you never know.

Not to say Sefo won't be a fantastic QB for us one day, but over the past several years the players I've been most excited about seeing in action have included: Connor Wood, Nick Hirschman, Matt Ballenger, Cody Hawkins, Bernard Jackson, Brian White, Tyler Hansen, and the great Clark Evans. All if them have either been underwhelming or didn't stick around.

I just hope Dillon or Sefo can be the man, otherwise I'll be looking forward to the next HS kid that can help save this program.

I agree with Lt.Col.FrankSlade; why are we hijacking this thread with Dorman's name in it. If you compare the two, it's not even close. Sefo loss his rivals 4* when he committed to Colorado; even with his best individual performance, team record, and school accomplishments this year: 12-2 record; 2518 passing yds; .69%. completion; 24 TD pass/5 Int; 291 Rushing Yds; 8TD Run;

Dorman: Rivals; 3* 5.5; Scout; 3* 78; ESPN 2*;
..Liufau: Rivals; 3* 5.7; Scout; 3* 53; ESPN 4*; 247; 4*

If you want to compare Sefo to a QB; compare him to a QB from his class; like the #1 QB in the country. below is what the Sammamish-Issaquah-Patch said about the two QBs before the State Championship.

Two future Division 1-A college quarterbacks will battle it out Saturday night in the Tacoma Dome for the 4A state football title. Skyline's Max Browne (commitment to USC) and Bellarmine Prep's Sefo Liufau (commitment to Colorado). Side by side, Browne is the better quarterback with .734 completion compared to Liufau's .681. Browne throws more, with 256 passes to Liufau's 160. However, Liufau has rushed for 270 yards on 26 carries this season--Browne is negative yardage (-11) on 63 carries.

In the State Finals; Sefo (376yds) 3 TD pass and Max (384yds) 4TD pass; both QB broke the old state finals passing record (372yds); Sefo holds the state finals record for completion (33); and Max holds the passing yds and TDs.

I agree with Lt.Col.FrankSlade; why are we hijacking this thread with Dorman's name in it. If you compare the two, it's not even close. Sefo loss his rivals 4* when he committed to Colorado; even with his best individual performance, team record, and school accomplishments this year: 12-2 record; 2518 passing yds; .69%. completion; 24 TD pass/5 Int; 291 Rushing Yds; 8TD Run;

If you want to compare Sefo to a QB; compare him to a QB from his class; like the #1 QB in the country. below is what the Sammamish-Issaquah-Patch said about the two QBs before the State Championship.

Two future Division 1-A college quarterbacks will battle it out Saturday night in the Tacoma Dome for the 4A state football title. Skyline's Max Browne (commitment to USC) and Bellarmine Prep's Sefo Liufau (commitment to Colorado). Side by side, Browne is the better quarterback with .734 completion compared to Liufau's .681. Browne throws more, with 256 passes to Liufau's 160. However, Liufau has rushed for 270 yards on 26 carries this season--Browne is negative yardage (-11) on 63 carries.

In the State Finals; Sefo (376yds) 3 TD pass and Max (384yds) 4TD pass; both QB broke the old state finals passing record (372yds); Sefo holds the state finals record for completion (33); and Max holds the passing yds and TDs.

WeCU slapped!

My biggest interest in Sefo is because of things that don't show up in the stat lines. He has the physical attributes that are neccessary for BCS level football but beyond that it seems like his leadership has carried his team well past where the talent surrounding him would have otherwise gone.

To me the guy is a winner.

Not to say Sefo won't be a fantastic QB for us one day, but over the past several years the players I've been most excited about seeing in action have included: Connor Wood, Nick Hirschman, Matt Ballenger, Cody Hawkins, Bernard Jackson, Brian White, Tyler Hansen, and the great Clark Evans. All if them have either been underwhelming or didn't stick around.

You can add Craig Ochs to that list for me

Darrell Scott comes to mind.

Last edited:
Bellarmine Prep won their second league title in the row, 10 wins in a row; 11-1 since Sefo's returned; 12-7 overall. The Lions will be the No. 1 seed out of the Narrows League when the West Central District playoffs begin next week.

Tacoma News Tribune

“The last time we did it here at Bellarmine was 45 years ago,” Lions coach Bernie Salazar said of repeating a basketball title. “That tells you how difficult it is. There are a lot of good teams in Tacoma and in the Narrows League.”

Last edited:
Apparently Sefo went for 20 points and 22 Boards in his last game.

Apparently Sefo went for 20 points and 22 Boards in his last game.
That's a real double-double!

Well if he doesn't work out at QB, he could be a successful TE. But don't get me wrong-I too hope he is the next dual threat success.

He's a more physically mature Samoan version of Kaepernick! Probably more athletic at that age than Kaep was coming out of HS.

Back