What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'13 WA QB Sefo Liufau (Signed to Colorado)

Great News !!!!!!!!!!!

So, now that he's committed to CU, will Rivals drop him back down to a 3*?

Great News !!!!!!!!!!!

So, now that he's committed to CU, will Rivals drop him back down to a 3*?

If he ends up with no other offers, he could drop to a 2-star... He needs some other PAC12 offers frankly to hold on to 3 (given CU's offers are disregarded by the services).

Love this kid's film. Dumbstruck at lack of offers. Kid looks REALLY good to me.

Dont know the story on the offer list but keep in mind that schools can't report offers, this information comes from the kid. Maybe he just didn't want to disclose some. Also offer are often a two way deal. If a kid makes it clear that he isn't interested then a lot of schools don't bother making an official offer.

No matter what the reason is I'm happy he took ours.

He very well might drop in the rankings, it is a bumper crop of QBs in the 2013 class after all. Should not matter too much though. The coaches had him as a top target and landed him, no settling here.

Ah, love being in the position of landing a top 200 (arguably top 150) player and having some complain about the lack of known offers. This is a lovely dilemma.

So psyched to have Sefo on board. April and we've got two 4*'s on board and are batting a 3.67 average :nod:

Lack of offers isn't all that uncommon for a lot of the top QBs this cycle. There's an elite group that everyone was going after. Then, there is a large group just below that which had all the top programs talking to them, not giving a committable offer to, but all the smaller programs knowing not to bother recruiting them. Every analyst following the west coast QB recruiting keeps repeating that dominoes are going to fall quickly once a key guy or two commit. They thought it would be Browne's commitment, but that didn't do it. CU outflanked a bunch of programs by offering Sefo early and making him the number 1 guy on our board even though there were probably 3 or 4 guys that would have been above him if recruiting was like the NFL draft.

Well played by Embree & staff on this one. We got one hell of a talent.

Kind of reminds me of when CU had Aunese, Hagan and CJ on the roster all at the same time. Three very good QBs.

Very excited to see the QB battle that will be played out over the next 6 years. Embree has improved our QB talent immensely.

Lack of offers isn't all that uncommon for a lot of the top QBs this cycle. There's an elite group that everyone was going after. Then, there is a large group just below that which had all the top programs talking to them, not giving a committable offer to, but all the smaller programs knowing not to bother recruiting them. Every analyst following the west coast QB recruiting keeps repeating that dominoes are going to fall quickly once a key guy or two commit. They thought it would be Browne's commitment, but that didn't do it. CU outflanked a bunch of programs by offering Sefo early and making him the number 1 guy on our board even though there were probably 3 or 4 guys that would have been above him if recruiting was like the NFL draft.

:nod:

Also cannot say enough about Scherer's role in recruiting. He seems to connect with players quite nicely and can close.

It's amazing how drastic a change the QB position has underwent in just over a year's work by Embree and co. Unbelievable job.

It's amazing how drastic a change the QB position has underwent in just over a year's work by Embree and co. Unbelievable job.

It helps when you don't have the coach's son start as a freshman and have a pretty successful season that makes everyone pretty certain there won't be an opportunity for anyone else to see the field the next 3 years. Then, by the time that Cody had plateaued in his development, had defenses figure him out, and he'd regressed... the program was in such bad shape that CU wasn't a destination any more.

What schools do you think will make a push to flip him?

Too early to tell. Dominoes haven't fallen on the west coast 5* and 4* guys, so we don't know who is going to be left out.

Of the Pac-12 schools, besides us, only Cal/Stanford/UCLA/USC have secured a QB so far. National programs that hit CA like Oklahoma, Florida and Nebraska still haven't landed a QB this cycle.

Yeah, I like the quotes. He sounds confident, but not ****y. He also seems to have a good idea of his current skillset, and knows where to work. Loving it!

What schools do you think will make a push to flip him?

Local schools are always a threat...given their current depth chart UW could afford to slow play him while they fought it out with USC for Browne. Now that they lost that battle they were focusing on Bateman who seems to be the other really big name out West. UCLA was supposedly talking with him quite a bit, think they like him and some guy out in Arizona who's name escapes me. Who the hell knows what the Arizona schools are going to do, particularly 'Zona since he is not a Rich Rod type athlete. Utah would normally have been chasing him already as well but they are also probably trying to push hard for Bateman who I think is a local guy. I think Nik's analysis is on the money and this is a very smart play by o ur coaches.

Great news. Welcome young Buff. So nice to have optimism at such a critical position... Been too long coming. This may affect the KU transfer?

I don't care what his rating is, I like his film. But I'm not buying this completely above (yet). I think something else must be at work. I don't mean this to be taken too negative either. The kids film is off the charts. Here's a quick datadump of other Pro Style QB's attracting west coast PAC12 interest (according to Rivals):

Troy Williams has offers from AZ, ASU, UW, & UCLA & others
Hayden Rettig has offers from AZ, ASU, WSU, & others
Cooper Bateman has offers from AZ, ASU, UCLA, Utah, UW & many others
Tyler Bruggman has offers from AZ, ASU, UCLA, WSU & others
Eddie Prinz - committed to UCLA, a 3-star with a ton of offers
Brayden Scott - a 3-star with offers from AZ, ASU among many
Jared Goff - commited to Cal, a 3-star with 3 offers (Boise State and WSU)
Ryan Burns - committed to Stanford, with a nice offer list

Every other 4-star has a bunch of offers except one other kid, who has 3 mid-major offers. A bunch of 3-star kids with large offer lists. This kid didn't play at a small unknown program...

AZ, ASU, WSU, UCLA and others like some other QB's better at this point. The good news is that we run a true Pro Style and Stanford, Cal and USC got their QB. Washington may not take one, but I'd be concerned there.

Last edited:
Back