What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'14 CA ATH Donovan Lee (Signed to COLORADO)

Sean Ceglinsky @SeanCeglinsky
Impressed with Donovan Lee. Class of 2014 prospect might need a bump in rankings from @247Sports. See what happens:

Over 200 yards rushing and 5 total TDs in Chaminade's 46-43 victory on Friday night.

UCLA and USC sniffing around. UCLA has 4 WR'S and 5 DB's committed so that seems unlikely. Will USC try to lock down Chaminade?

I think it's safe to say that anyone visiting 12/6 is at the top of our list. Hope we get a few commits that weekend.

I think it's safe to say that anyone visiting 12/6 is at the top of our list. Hope we get a few commits that weekend.
Such a big weekend, in both terms of size and that's when our top prospects are going to be here. Really can't wait to see the final list.

This is the type of athlete that we may be able to build around. Someone who appears legit speed, production, athleticism, yet maybe a late bloomer, yet maybe late onto other radars. His numbers this year would suggest that he is a capable D1 prospect. Are there any other issues scaring other schools here? lets hope we can lock Lee down on his visit.

This is the type of athlete that we may be able to build around. Someone who appears legit speed, production, athleticism, yet maybe a late bloomer, yet maybe late onto other radars. His numbers this year would suggest that he is a capable D1 prospect. Are there any other issues scaring other schools here? lets hope we can lock Lee down on his visit.

Size. Probably 5'8 160lbs and likely close to maxed out physically

Not a Buff

I am from Boulder and follow CU recruits from SoCal now that I live in the region (for both basketball and football). I know the RB coach at Chaminade, he briefly played for my AAU team a few years back. In fact, I sent him an email about pushing Lee towards CU. Chaminade, in fact, is 2 blocks from my house, so I have been there watching him and other potential CU Buffs. Lee is without a doubt the best RB and athlete north of Los Angeles and will have his choice of schools. CU, unfortunately, will not be in the mix from what I am hearing. He is a type of game changer CU needs. Think back to 1988 and 1999. CU was able to take that next step with elite athletes who possessed game changing speed at WR, RB and QB positions as well as CB. Lee is that type of impact player! I do not think he has completely pushed CU out of the picture, but the CU staff needs to increase the focus and attention for this player.

On another note, I have watched Apsay, CU commit for next year as well. He is a solid QB for a low level, maybe mid major level school. CU should use that scholarship on more speed at WR and RB or better O linemen. He will not overtake Sefo the next years, what the team needs is size, speed and athletes - quickly.

If CU has no shot then why is he using one of his OV's and hasn't set any others up? I think he's waiting for a offer from either USC or UCLA, but his overall offer list is surprisingly short (gotta be his height). I think he ends up at CU unless one of the SoCal schools end up offering him.

His latest update says CU is recruiting him the hardest and he has set his only official visit.

If CU has no shot then why is he using one of his OV's and hasn't set any others up? I think he's waiting for a offer from either USC or UCLA, but his overall offer list is surprisingly short (gotta be his height). I think he ends up at CU unless one of the SoCal schools end up offering him.
Adam et al at Rivals have a new video talking about Lee and they seem to agree with Tini-at this point we are in the driver's seat.

Back