What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'14 CA C Thomas Welsh (Verbal to UCLA)

Walsh is athletic, not super athletic. I would take a Russell, Malone, Chamerlain, Karim, Hakeem, Shaq, McHale, Hibbert, Duncan, Robinson and Gasol. Don't want Javale Macgee. Garnet is no longer super athletic and he is still effective.

I'll take a Jordan, Bird and Magic too while your at it

Oh. My. ****ing. God.

:rofl: can this be declared the dumbest post of 2013?
Normally I ignore you. I know it is difficult for you to understand. I will make it as simple as possible. You don't have to be super athletic to play Center. I would rather have a skilled big man that understands how to play team defense and has a good post game. That is my preference. Don't care about having a center stretching it out to the 3 point line.

Normally I ignore you. I know it is difficult for you to understand. I will make it as simple as possible. You don't have to be super athletic to play Center. I would rather have a skilled big man that understands how to play team defense and has a good post game. That is my preference. Don't care about having a center stretching it out to the 3 point line.
Well from your post earlier it seems as if you would rather have some of the best players the NBA has ever seen, what a revelation.

I think if Boyle landed someone like Welsh, he'd find a way to get the best out of him, even if it meant changing around the offense a bit. Would be a big time commitment. With that said, would be very surprised if it happened.

Dare to dream on Welsh?

Our front court would start looking like the elite programs with him added to the mix. I'm happy to go in another direction, but winning a recruiting battle over UCLA for an LA 7 footer would send shock waves. It's a BFD to know that is a real possibility.

Dare to dream on Welsh?

Our front court would start looking like the elite programs with him added to the mix. I'm happy to go in another direction, but winning a recruiting battle over UCLA for an LA 7 footer would send shock waves. It's a BFD to know that is a real possibility.

:nod: This cannot be overstated.

Xavier Johnson is 'familiar' with Welsh

[video=youtube;KKhFw0YNL-M]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKhFw0YNL-M[/video]

Been over 24 hours. Hat tip to Will - Welsh will be on campus for an unofficial this Thursday.

Been over 24 hours. Hat tip to Will - Welsh will be on campus for an unofficial this Thursday.

Work your magic Tad.

I wouldn't want to be caught in the coming Alford storm at UCLA. (Watch and see). Cal a big player here too.

Work your magic Tad.

I wouldn't want to be caught in the coming Alford storm at UCLA. (Watch and see). Cal a big player here too.

I think it's an uphill battle, but hopefully the drive in on 36 will give us a nice little swing.

Does anyone have any highlights on this guy besides the posterization by XJ? I watched some Loyola highlight videos and IMO he didn't look like a top 10 Center, but in Thomas' defense the video really didn't focus on him. He'll be a big body down low for sure, but I'm unsure of his skillset and athleticism. He reminds me of a heavier Mills.

http://www.maxpreps.com/athlete/thomas-welsh/WJwqjvTsEeKZ5AAmVebBJg/videos.htm

I've been going off the reports by people who have watched him play.

What I've consistently heard:

- Great hands
- Excellent frame
- Active defender (protects the rim)
- Good post game with decent shot to 15 feet (developing offensive game)
- Very active rebounder (but not someone who will wow you with his leaping ability - think Josh Scott here)
- Slow down the court, but hustles
- Very coachable (has improved a ton in the past year & gotten a lot taller -- has All-American upside)

Would be huge to get a recruit from LA right out from under ucla's nose, and with a new coach with not as good connections, now could be the perfect time to do it.
Enjoy your visit Thomas.

I've been going off the reports by people who have watched him play.

What I've consistently heard:

- Great hands
- Excellent frame
- Active defender (protects the rim)
- Good post game with decent shot to 15 feet (developing offensive game)
- Very active rebounder (but not someone who will wow you with his leaping ability - think Josh Scott here)
- Slow down the court, but hustles
- Very coachable (has improved a ton in the past year & gotten a lot taller -- has All-American upside)

Thanks for the info! The Tory Miller kid sounds interesting, but we could really use a good 7 footer down low, and if Tad says come on aboard, gotta trust him I guess!

If you're looking for video, the best I've seen is from the UCLA Rivals site. If you have a Rivals sub, look up Welsh's profile and search his videos. It's fairly recent and gives a fair look at his overall game, rather than just a highlight package.

According to the LA Times, has official visits planned with Colorado and UCLA, in addition to the California visit this weekend that slider mentioned.

Sounds like CU is in his Top 3. Will be interesting to see how his visit with Cal goes this weekend. If he doesn't commit right away, have to think CU has a fighting chance.

Would be a huge get for us since I don't remember ever beating Cal/UCLA for a bball recruit!! We definitely have a more favorable depth chart than Cal since they got a huge 7 footer last year, and we don't have anyone like him on the roster. UCLA is definitely hard to turn down if you are from LA. I hope his relationship with Tad overcomes both schools pitches

Collier and Welsh would be a nice recruiting class. A very nice class.

I hope his relationship with Tad overcomes both schools pitches

While Tad might play a role, I think the Thomas Welsh recruitment has been much more on Mike Rohn. There was a quote by Welsh a couple months back, where he described the relationship between him and Mike as being "very good friends." If we land him, I think it's on Mike.

Re: '14 CA C Thomas Welsh

Would be ecstatic. Do you think it would be a Top-25 class?

Tad has already proven he can get a top 25 class, at this point he is getting players that work together as a cohesive unit and not be upset when the class comes in ranked lower because he took a lower ranked player. I think schools have been hurt (Washington and UCLA for example) by getting a bunch of highly rated guys that just don't play well together.

Back