What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'14 CA C Thomas Welsh (Verbal to UCLA)

While Tad might play a role, I think the Thomas Welsh recruitment has been much more on Mike Rohn. There was a quote by Welsh a couple months back, where he described the relationship between him and Mike as being "very good friends." If we land him, I think it's on Mike.

Rohn is an absolute stud.

Tad has already proven he can get a top 25 class, at this point he is getting players that work together as a cohesive unit and not be upset when the class comes in ranked lower because he took a lower ranked player. I think schools have been hurt (Washington and UCLA for example) by getting a bunch of highly rated guys that just don't play well together.

Yep, it's a big, big mistake often made in basketball by the "new team on the block"...That up and coming program that stacks talented guys that don't fit well together or have piss poor attitudes. I'll never forget the collapse at Virginia under Gillen for making that exact mistake. Tad gets it. If anything, he might have put a little too much emphasis on the "glue team guy" at times thus far.

Yep, it's a big, big mistake often made in basketball by the "new team on the block"...That up and coming program that stacks talented guys that don't fit well together or have piss poor attitudes. I'll never forget the collapse at Virginia under Gillen for making that exact mistake. Tad gets it. If anything, he might have put a little too much emphasis on the "glue team guy" at times thus far.

I think Romar got bit by that up at UDub.

Based on his rivals update his UCLA visit was disappointing. We have a chance here...

Cal is still a huge battle. We lost out on Tyrone Wallace to them already a few years ago.

I would love to beat out a instate Cali kid, especialy against UCLA.

Yeah, Cal's definitely seen as the favorite. Will be interesting to see if Tory Miller moves up his visit to this weekend

ESPN moved him to #90 overall and the #10 C. I want this kid because he is a great talent, but also a huge get! Would send a message to the West Coast schools.

Yeah, Cal's definitely seen as the favorite.

Where you seeing this? I'm hearing conflicting information although his visit to Cal apparently went really well and he met with Haas Business School staff on his visit (his preferred major). I heard a rumor that he may wish to stay very close to home.

Where you seeing this? I'm hearing conflicting information although his visit to Cal apparently went really well and he met with Haas Business School staff on his visit (his preferred major). I heard a rumor that he may wish to stay very close to home.

Is he still visiting Colorado?

Is he still visiting Colorado?

Last I heard although I haven't checked with all my peeps today. I think he has another visit to UCLA on for this weekend and then CU on Oct 5th...no?

I know he still wants to major in business and has a 3.7 gpa IIRC.

Last I heard although I haven't checked with all my peeps today. I think he has another visit to UCLA on for this weekend and then CU on Oct 5th...no?

I know he still wants to major in business and has a 3.7 gpa IIRC.

It wouldn't surprise me if Miller moved his visit with us to this weekend so he could commit to our last spot before Welsh even had a chance to visit.

What I've heard since CU entered into the mix somewhat for his recruitment, was that he favored Cal. Granted it's mainly from people that cover CU sports, but they seem to know what they are talking about. Haven't read anything anywhere that would make me think that had changed (post UCLA visit).

But I'm no expert. Jerry Meyer (247 sports director) thinks he'll go to UCLA. Others think he'll go to Cal. I don't like to bash other Pac-12 schools, but if it was a choice between Cal or UCLA, seems like a no brainer to go to Cal. If I were a top recruit, wouldn't want to go anywhere near Coach Alford.

I think most see it as widely a Cal vs UCLA battle. UCLA fans worried he might go to Cal, and vice versa. CU being in the mix for him, is a testament to the great job they've done recruiting him, but will have quite a bit of selling to do most likely. You get a player in for an official, anything can happen though.

According to Neal Nieves (UCLA Rivals writer), Welsh taking another unofficial to UCLA today. Wouldn't be too surprised if a decision is made soon on both Miller and Welsh

I'm hearing Welsh is planning another Cal visit to watch practice. I think this would be his 4th visit to the campus. He also finally sent in his Stanford application (they had an in home with him awhile back and brought down application materials). Apparently he will not visit Colorado now that you've landed Tory Miller.

How many spots do you guys have left btw?

I'm hearing Welsh is planning another Cal visit to watch practice. I think this would be his 4th visit to the campus. He also finally sent in his Stanford application (they had an in home with him awhile back and brought down application materials). Apparently he will not visit Colorado now that you've landed Tory Miller.

None unless there's some unexpected attrition. So no more scholarships for the November early signing period. We done.

Really hoping you guys land him. Unless he sucks. Then I hope he goes to UCLA.

I was hoping we might jump back in on recruiting Welsh considering Jenkins leaving opened up a scholarship. It would be nice to add this guy to the class. Or has this ship sailed?

Sounds like he's going to make a decision today and he is down to UCLA and Stanford with Cal being the dark horse.

Sounds like he's going to make a decision today and he is down to UCLA and Stanford with Cal being the dark horse.

I was hoping that with Chris Jenkins leaving and freeing up a scholarship, and the fact that Welsh has already visited CU, that Tad would have reached out immediately to see if if it were possible that Welsh would put us in his top 3. We could really use a 7 footer in next years class. I like Mills, but he isn't really an option for us in the post. Welsh would do wonders for us there.

Glad he landed at UCLA over Cal or Stanford. Let's see how he turns out. Lot of upside, but no guarantees with a guy like Welsh.

Back