What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'14 CA DE Jacob Tuioti-Mariner (Verbal to UCLA)

lawdogg

Club Member
Club Member
Rivals
Scout
247 Sports
ESPN

Unknown.jpeg
St. John Bosco H.S. (Bellflower, CA)

Ht: 6'4"
Wt: 265
40:

Rivals Rating: 3*-5.6rr; #32 DE
Scout Rating: 4*; #25 DE
ESPN Rating: NR
247s Rating: 2*-79 rating; #74 SDE

Reported Offers: COLORADO, Arizona, Boise State, Fresno State, Hawaii, Wisconsin

Last edited by a moderator:
Scout and Rivals reporting the offer. Have to imagine that he is some relation to MTM. Although he is listed as a DE, my guess is that he's a candidate to move inside.

[video]http://www.hudl.com/athlete/o/818142/jacob-tuioti-mariner[/video]

That name sounds familiar...there has to be a connection right? MTM had to have the most tragic/sad career in recent history for the buffs. The guy could have been a monster without those knee problems.

MTM medically retired in the 2012 season I think. Hopefully, he picked up a CU degree along the way.

Max would have been an All-Conference player. The issues with our OL started when he got hurt.

Would love to see Jacob come to Boulder and complete the legacy.

Big family very involved in sports. 7 kids. Oldest, Lafu, football Univ Hawaii finished up in 2008, second son Max, football CU, daughter Nora Junior Volleyball ASU, .....

Almost certain he is MTMs brother. He also has a sister who is starting outside hitter for asu. Was talking to Adam about this kid last week - I am taking full credit IMO IYAM.

Last edited:
Big family very involved in sports. 7 kids. Oldest, Lafu, football Univ Hawaii finished up in 2008, second son Max, football CU, daughter Nora Junior Volleyball ASU, .....

Hopefully Max is his favorite sibling, and telling him good things about CU..

I think MTM started as a freshman on a pretty decent CU team. I can't remember for certain but I remember him being a pretty dang good OL. I completely agree that losing him was part of the unraveling process for CU. That guy would probably be playing in the NFL.

MTM would have been playing for USC if he didn't already have bad knees coming out of high school. The guys was a dominator, big, fast, powerful, and knew how to use it. He was getting recruiting attention from just about everybody before he tore up a knee as a hs senior, at that point the big names decided he was to much of a risk and backed off, turns out that unfortunately they were right.

He also is from all reports a very good guy and the kind of kid you want on your team. If his brother is anything like him I'd love to see him here as a Buff.

I remember when we put MTM in for his first drive. It was a home game, although I don't remember the opponent. Maybe the second quarter, and our offense wasn't getting much push. He flat pancaked his man 2 of the first 4 plays. It was bad ass. I don't recall seeing guards knock their man down like that and he did it twice in that first drive. I remember thinking we got such a steal with him. Really unfortunate that injuries were so prevalent with him

If I remember correctly, that was also Ryan Miller's first game? Who knows, too much beer and not enough brain cells.....

MTM the guy who postponed his mormon mission because he didn't want to miss "10 wins and no excuses." And iirc he was our best OL in his first game vs CSU. He was an NFL lineman no doubt if he stayed healthy

Watched St John Bosco play last night. That team is just filled with future P12 players. JTM didn't make any big plays that I saw, but he definitely has a nice frame.

Watched St John Bosco play last night. That team is just filled with future P12 players. JTM didn't make any big plays that I saw, but he definitely has a nice frame.
I fell asleep when it was 24-2 so Idk what it ended up as. I did hear JTM's name a few times. They have a really good D. Geez, I wouldn't mind having 3 or 4 guys off that D. Their secondary was nasty, at least in the parts I saw. Their dline was good too.

I fell asleep when it was 24-2 so Idk what it ended up as. I did hear JTM's name a few times. They have a really good D. Geez, I wouldn't mind having 3 or 4 guys off that D. Their secondary was nasty, at least in the parts I saw. Their dline was good too.

Yeah I got bored after halftime and left. Mater Dei just couldn't get anything going on offense. I was looking forward to watching their RB Justin Allen go up against the Bosco defense, but I guess he injured his ankle last week. Bummer.

On the recruiting front, I'm thinking we have a chance here. He has had that Wisconsin offer for quite awhile, so I'm thinking he either isn't feeling living in Madison, or WI has other prospects higher on their list.

So MTM not quite working out at CU didn't work the magic here? Bummer, but not surprised. Best of luck to JTM.

Back