What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'14 CA DE Jaylen Johnson (Verbal to Washington)

Buffnik

Real name isn't Nik
Club Member
Junta Member
Rivals
Scout
ESPN
247sports

1181679.jpg

Centennial H.S. (Corona, CA)

Ht: 6-foot-4
Wt: 232 lbs
40: 4.65 secs

Rivals rating: 3*-5.5rr; unranked WDE
Scout rating: 3*; #87 DE
ESPN rating:
247s rating: 3*-84 rating; #42 SDE

Reported Offers: COLORADO, Arizona, Arizona State, Boise State, Cal, Fresno State, Idaho, Miami (FL), Northwestern, Notre Dame, Oregon, Oregon State, San Diego State, TCU, USC, Utah, UTEP, Vanderbilt, Washington State

Last edited by a moderator:
http://recruiting.scout.com/2/1290986.html

He's probably LSU's if they offer. At one point, BSU was his leader back in late March but he doesn't seem to have a clear leader now.

My best guess for right now is that he ends up at the biggest "name" school to offer. (Based on: LSU is his dream school, wants to hear from Ohio State...)

http://recruiting.scout.com/2/1290986.html

He's probably LSU's if they offer. At one point, BSU was his leader back in late March but he doesn't seem to have a clear leader now.

My best guess for right now is that he ends up at the biggest "name" school to offer. (Based on: LSU is his dream school, wants to hear from Ohio State...)

LSU doesn't take Cali kids....I don't have a scout subscription...but I wold guess he will be waiting a long time for that offer...

LSU RARELY takes Cali kids. They've taken a couple over the last two years. LSU doesn't typically tend to NEED to take Cali kids. Louisiana produces a metric ton of talent and they pretty much get their pick of local kids.

I think you're basically right that LSU is unlikely to offer. I also do think he's hunting for big name offers though and applies a lot of weight to them.

Agree...poorly stated by me. But LSU probably has less than 10 kids on the scholarship roster outside of the SEC footprint. Any way, why would they...better talent right there than anywhere in the country...

Jaylen has committed to Boise State after visiting Oregon over the weekend.

Couldn't have been more wrong about this one when I said he was looking for a big name school. Probably our biggest recruiting win in terms of the schools we beat out in program history. Now we'll see if we can hang onto him until signing day.

Back