What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'14 CA DE Malik Dorton (verbal to USC)

lawdogg

Club Member
Club Member
Rivals
Scout
ESPN
247 Sports

299687.jpg

St. John Bosco H.S. (Bellflower, CA)

Ht: 6'3"
Wt: 227
40: 4.80

Rivals rating: 4*-5.8rr; #10 WDE (#209 overall)
Scout rating: 4*; #23 DE
ESPN rating: 4*-82 grade; #20 DE (#212 overall)
247s rating: 3*-88 rating; #21 SDE

Reported Offers: COLORADO, Arizona State, Boise State, Fresno State, Nebraska, Ole Miss, Oregon State, San Diego State, Texas Tech, UCLA, USC, Utah, Utah State, Vanderbilt, Washington, Washington State

Last edited by a moderator:
[video=youtube;DtGM05Tx7-A]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DtGM05Tx7-A[/video]

Dang. Saw the kid's thread title and wondered if coach Mac decided to fill the roster up with D-linemen. A team full of mean, nasty 230# 4.8 40 guys (playing QB, CB, WR, etc) flashed through my head. Scary.

Possibility?

[tweet]421461549841387520[/tweet]

I think this is a case where Duff would be ok with a DE in the 6'2"-6'3" range. :wink2:

I wonder if he is good friends with Shay Fields. Be good for each of them to have somebody on the team that they know well.

Both of these kids could expect to play early be used in a way that takes full advantage of their talents.

Were these guys that were offered after Kiffen was fired? I remember that Orgeron was putting out lots of offers and some of us were sort of chuckling and wondering why. If I was the AD, I would have put the handcuffs on that effort. Senseless IYAM.

Were these guys that were offered after Kiffen was fired? I remember that Orgeron was putting out lots of offers and some of us were sort of chuckling and wondering why. If I was the AD, I would have put the handcuffs on that effort. Senseless IYAM.

Fields committed to Orgeron. Offered after Kiffin was fired.

Dorton committed back in August.

If nothing else, Dorton shows how two DL coaches known as huge recruiters value different players differently.

Last edited:
Reminds me of dating. Date a hot girl, and the other girls start paying attention. The key is not get left at the alter. You got to dump the hot girl before she dumps you, so you can date all the other hot girls who now know about you. You get dumped, you're done.

I know that Hagan, along with a GA that was on CSU's staff for several years, were both watching offer lists with an eagle eye, looking for the guy who just got dumped, or getting lots of attention all of a sudden. Sadly, that strategy doesn't seem to work....

Reminds me of dating. Date a hot girl, and the other girls start paying attention. The key is not get left at the alter. You got to dump the hot girl before she dumps you, so you can date all the other hot girls who now know about you. You get dumped, you're done.

I know that Hagan, along with a GA that was on CSU's staff for several years, were both watching offer lists with an eagle eye, looking for the guy who just got dumped, or getting lots of attention all of a sudden. Sadly, that strategy doesn't seem to work....

So Oregon is Can't buy me love are we more 16 candles or Say Anything?

Back