What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'14 CA OT Jordan Poland (Verbal to Arizona)

Not to me. RichRod is a great coach and AZ is rising

If Tabor had been from Texas, Arizona, or the West Coast I don't think there'd be any questions. Dick Rod may very well have played it straight, but I have my questions because it's not like Bama ain't cheat in to get recruits.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd also like to point out that I wish we would take some extra measures to get recruits :)

Never though I'd live to see the day we were accused of cheating for football recruits. Hopefully this continues in the future. Honestly though if he were out of Texas that would seem a little more fishy to me. In the future we will recruit out of Arizona, California, Florida, and several east coast states.

If Tabor had been from Texas, Arizona, or the West Coast I don't think there'd be any questions. Dick Rod may very well have played it straight, but I have my questions because it's not like Bama ain't cheat in to get recruits.

I'm not saying that I would put cheating past him or just about any college coach for that matter who is trying to keep a multimillion dollar salary by bringing in kids who can win games.

Don't you think that it is possible that RichRod might just still have some strong recruiting ties in DC considering that lots of his best kids when he was coaching WVU came from the DC area. At the same time is it unthinkable that he has an assistant who could get a CA kid to a point where RichRod could close him coming off a season where they were rated in the top 25.

Very few programs any more can afford to keep their recruiting local or even regional anymore. Schools recruit nationally and kids more than ever seem to be willing to leave home for the right fit as they see it.

Think of RichRod and some of his staff's years at WVU, and probably Michigan for that matter. I'm sure they're familiar with and are known in DC area recruiting.

In the future we will recruit out of Arizona, California, Florida, and several east coast states.
Actually, here's your future: RichRid gets poached in 1-2 years, you replace him with somebody who can't pull off what RichRod is doing, and you regress to the mean.

I have a buddy from high school that played for Rich at WVU and also know people that played for him at Glenville State. He can coach. Holgs can't hold his clipboard at WVU now. How he gets a guy like Tabor is they have very strong ties in the DC area. Tony Dews does some work in the DC metro. Plus, he's a VA guy. They have things going at Arizona, but I also think we are going to make some strides next year.

Remind me again what Arizona ever won?

They have a storied history, winning the Border Intercollegiate Athletic Association title in 1936, 1936, and 1941 and the WAC in 1964 and 1973 (tied with ASU). They also tied with UCLA and USC for first in the PAC-10 in 1993 under Tomey (UCLA went to the Rose Bowl, losing to Wisconsin), and finished 4th in the nation in 1998, their highest ever final ranking (were 2nd in the PAC that year to UCLA, who lost in the Rose Bowl to Wisconsin and finished 8th). They are 8-8-1 in bowl games, this year winning the Advocare V100 Bowl!

In other words, not a lot.

(Moral of the story, if who of A ties for the PAC crown, the winner loses to Wisconsin in the Rose Bowl.)

"Tucson, Arizona, its a basketball town." And always will be. Tucsonians care little about football, but would mortgage their house for a Final Four appearance. That is why allegations of Arizona cheating on football recruits are just silly. Graham at ASU, however, may be cheating his ass off. My guess is his reputation will be Petrino-like (or worse) in just a few years. Nice headset, douche.

Pretty much anyone, anywhere, "may be cheating his ass off." Pretty irresponsible statement if there is nothing to back it up. It's not like ASU is landing a top 10 class.

Back