What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'14 CA QB Cade Apsay (Signed to COLORADO)

Embo should have posted a poll online to get the fans feedback on every play and every decision made in recruiting lol.

'14 CA QB Cade Apsay

Embo should have posted a poll online to get the fans feedback on every play and every decision made in recruiting lol.

Well we sure as hell wouldn't have lost the CSU game if he did that. We're smart enough to not put DD Goodson out there to field a punt or run that PA pass on the half yard line.

He may have much better results.

He couldn't have done worse than las in D1 in yardage differential. The talent was much better than that.

Signing a guy like Apsay is key, though. Jimmies & Joes >>>>>> Xs & Os.

I believe he's at the Oregon Nike Camp

[tweet]343810318461460480[/tweet]

Obviously Apsay is not physically imposing, but he has better all-around skills than any QB we have signed in recent memory.

In before his name is misspelled a hundred times. I really can't wait to see comments about our QB battle between Sefu and Aspay...

In before his name is misspelled a hundred times. I really can't wait to see comments about our QB battle between Sefu and Aspay...

I've lost count of the number of times I've had to go back and edit. :lol:

Does anyone else suspect he has received many more than 2 offers as a 3*QB who is performing well in regional camps and has at least 2 known BCS offers? Maybe he is choosing to not report all of them.

Does anyone else suspect he has received many more than 2 offers as a 3*QB who is performing well in regional camps and has at least 2 known BCS offers? Maybe he is choosing to not report all of them.

I don't know. But if Rich Rod wants him, that's enough for me.

That's the case with most of the west coast QB's this year. Some of that will change as the dominoes start to fall, but for now, there are a ton of good 3* QB's with pretty short offer lists. Wilkins, Mahalak, and Brandon Dawkins are all examples of this.

http://colorado.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1514752

7.) Cade Apsay, Canyon Sr.

Said to sport one of the strongest arms in California, the 6-foot-2 Canyon football star has a lot of untapped potential. Apsay threw for over 3,000 yards as a junior. He needs to add weight and smooth out his mechanics, which can lead to errant throws at times, but Apsay has the physical gifts to succeed at the collegiate level. Apsay currently has an offer from Arizona on the table, and more recruiting doors should open up as the season progresses.

To be serious a minute about that offer from UNM, it says something about Apsay's athleticism, given the offense Davie is running down there.

Yeah. If his other offers are from Davie & RichRod, Apsay can scoot.

He went to the UCLA camp last weekend and apparently didn't impress them.

http://colorado.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1515207 video of him at the camp, he didn't look as accurate as he normally is.

http://colorado.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1515248

CADE APSAY, 2014 QUARTERBACK
1411437.jpg

Like Dawkins, Cade Apsay came into Wednesday's camp with a lot of buzz. He left, however, with that squashed. The 6-foot-1 QB made some nice throws, but overall didn't quite appear to be a Pac-12 level talent. He ran a 4.91 40-yard dash and had shorter arms and a more narrow body. He wasn't bad by any means, but compared to some of the quarterbacks UCLA has been recruiting, he's clearly on the next tier.

Pretty bad wording by the UCLA writer as it's pretty obvious Cade is not on the same level as someone like Kyle Allen. That does not mean he's not a P12 level talent, as seen by his 2 P12 offers..

Anyways, bummer he didn't do too well, but if we lock him up we won't have to worry about a UCLA offer coming later on.

He went to the UCLA camp last weekend and apparently didn't impress them.

http://colorado.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1515207 video of him at the camp, he didn't look as accurate as he normally is.

http://colorado.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1515248

Pretty bad wording by the UCLA writer as it's pretty obvious Cade is not on the same level as someone like Kyle Allen. That does not mean he's not a P12 level talent, as seen by his 2 P12 offers..

Anyways, bummer he didn't do too well, but if we lock him up we won't have to worry about a UCLA offer coming later on.

I'd be more worried about this if not for the Zona' offer. You can say a lot of things about RichRod but he has a pretty decent track record with QBs. I think I would take his opinion over a UCLA writer. Wonder if there isn't a little bit of "We aren't in the running and have out other guys" sour grapes.

I'd be more worried about this if not for the Zona' offer. You can say a lot of things about RichRod but he has a pretty decent track record with QBs. I think I would take his opinion over a UCLA writer. Wonder if there isn't a little bit of "We aren't in the running and have out other guys" sour grapes.

Or maybe he had an off day, or maybe UCLA's analysis is spot on.

You never know until he actually gets on the field. He may be a future star of a wasted scholly. Just saying that this particular report doesn't bother me much.

If we start seeing multiple sources come up then it might be time to worry but for now. . . nah.

Yeah, I think the comments were pretty fair overall. He is not a big kid and does not have elite athleticism. An off day is not going to be shielded by anything.

Luckily, our coaches have done their homework and he has performed well in other settings.

Back