What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'14 CA RB Joe Mixon (Signed to Oklahoma)

Dorial Green-Beckham busted his way into his girlfriend's apartment and then ended up pushing her down a flight of stairs. Oklahoma welcomed him after Mizzou booted him. Not sure why OU wouldn't allow Mixon to join the team.

Or is the game that you are doing good if you give someone a 2nd chance after another program has kicked him out but you are slimy if you give your own guy a 2nd chance if he does the same stuff? I get confused on how the court of public opinion works on this. But I think that we respect coaches who refuse to tolerate this type of thing from their own guys and that we also respect coaches who give a guy a 2nd chance if his issues were somewhere else and allegedly in the past ("he's a good kid who just needs a fresh start").

it was the night after his 18th birthday. Happy Birthday! You became a man and then may have pissed away a future of wealth and fame. What a little ****.

Dorial Green-Beckham busted his way into his girlfriend's apartment and then end up pushing her down a flight of stairs. Oklahoma welcomed him after Mizzou booted him. Not sure why OU wouldn't allow Mixon to join the team.

Or is the game that you are doing good if you give someone a 2nd chance after another program has kicked him out but you are slimy if you give your own guy a 2nd chance if he does the same stuff? I get confused on how the court of public opinion works on this. But I think that we respect coaches who refuse to tolerate this type of thing from their own guys and that we also respect coaches who give a guy a 2nd chance if his issues were somewhere else and allegedly in the past ("he's a good kid who just needs a fresh start").

Everyone loves giving a kid a second chance, as long as he was top player that will help your team.

I must admit my views have changed drastically. I'm all for second chances when a kid does harmless stupid stuff. Gets drunk underage, forgets to pay for crab legs, whatever, but I have two daughters and I would flat out murder anyone that did to them what some of the people are accused of doing to women.

Everyone loves giving a kid a second chance, as long as he was top player that will help your team.

I must admit my views have changed drastically. I'm all for second chances when a kid does harmless stupid stuff. Gets drunk underage, forgets to pay for crab legs, whatever, but I have two daughters and I would flat out murder anyone that did to them what some of the people are accused of doing to women.

That's where I'm at.

I don't want guys who have done certain things brought into the university community and the town in which I live. I'm happy to let CU pass on them and wish everyone would.

Agree, Big difference between drunk and stupid and being a danger to innocent people.

The second chance issue is a hard one. Even for something as repulsive as hitting a girl it is hard to condemn someone for life, exception being rape/sex crimes since everything I have seen seems to say that these guys have a very high rate of re-offending.

I do think some kind of standard should be set. The kid has to deal with the legal system and face the same ramifications he would if he were not a high profile athlete. From there he should have to be out of major college ball for at least one year (a JUCO might be acceptable) as long as he is undergoing counseling and is under legal supervision. Then he should not be allowed to return to the original school where the offense occurred. This for the protection of the victim and friends and so that there isn't an incentive to "take care of him" in the legal system so he can help you on the field in the future.

If he does eventually end up back in an NCAA program he should then be on a zero tolerance situation, one additional offense and he is done, period.

As convicted offenders they should also be identified to the community of any further school they go to. I could certainly see a school like CU having an official policy of passing on these kids no matter how good they are and would support that entirely.

Listening to Oklahoma sports talk radio this afternoon - people have been most interested in what the girl did to instigate Mixon's response. Everything from the girl calling Mixon the "N" word to her punching him and him responding in self defense.

Listening to Oklahoma sports talk radio this afternoon - people have been most interested in what the girl did to instigate Mixon's response. Everything from the girl calling Mixon the "N" word to her punching him and him responding in self defense.

Has Stephen A Smith called in yet?

Women may do a lot of things that provoke a man to an angry response. That's no excuse for reacting with violence against a woman. We are all responsible for our own actions.

Women may do a lot of things that provoke a man to an angry response. That's no excuse for reacting with violence against a woman. We are all responsible for our own actions.

I think that is what the callers / hosts have been trying to say -- only they have been applying it to the girl. They are saying that SHE is responsible for her actions, too.

I think that is what the callers / hosts have been trying to say -- only they have been applying it to the girl. They are saying that SHE is responsible for her actions, too.

OK. So what, though?

If a college girl gets stinking drunk and ends up so out of it she strips off her clothes and passes out in a room at a frat, she has exercised bad judgment and I would hope those close to her would have a talk with her and that she would change her behavior.

But if anyone responded to her bad choices by raping her, the dude is still 100% guilty of rape. Nothing she did mitigates his guilt in any way.

Same here. As it relates to Mixon's guilt, it doesn't matter what she called him. I don't care if she attacked him. He had options other than breaking her face.

Edit P.S.: All that I've said above I stand behind. But in light of the sports talk radio responses reinforcing my belief in the intellect of the average individual, it's better just to say, "You never lay hands on a woman. Period." Too many folks aren't cut out to discuss her behavior without blaming the victim.

^^^This a thousand times^^^

Rep sent.

Hard for me to think of any situation where a FBS level football player would not have a better option than to respond with violence towards a woman no matter what she might be saying or even doing short of attacking him with a dangerous weapon. Assuming that she may have provoked the incident which we don't know and doesn't really matter.

OK. So what, though?

If a college girl gets stinking drunk and ends up so out of it she strips off her clothes and passes out in a room at a frat, she has exercised bad judgment and I would hope those close to her would have a talk with her and that she would change her behavior.

But if anyone responded to her bad choices by raping her, the dude is still 100% guilty of rape. Nothing she did mitigates his guilt in any way.

Same here. As it relates to Mixon's guilt, it doesn't matter what she called him. I don't care if she attacked him. He had options other than breaking her face.

Edit P.S.: All that I've said above I stand behind. But in light of the sports talk radio responses reinforcing my belief in the intellect of the average individual, it's better just to say, "You never lay hands on a woman. Period." Too many folks aren't cut out to discuss her behavior without blaming the victim.

Maybe he was cornered, like Lawrence Phillips when he had to drag that woman down the stairs by her hair.

I had a college girlfriend hit me with a solid right cross to the jaw back in the day. She worked out and knew exactly what she was doing - it wasn't a trivial punch. I will say it was well deserved given our ages and my own assholish behavior leading up to said punch.

I told her the first one was a freebie, but if she punched me again I would punch her back. She backed down.

People that randomly beat women just don't make sense to me. It is a button I just do not have.

[video=youtube;OOOw46pRRXQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OOOw46pRRXQ[/video]

from beyond the dmz ......

- Mixon was with a group of young men, presumably other players.

- I have heard that he had not been drinking; the young lady was apparently quite inebriated. This is probably in his favor if true.

- When police arrived on scene, Mixon had already left. (you would think that at least one in the group would have advised him that that was not a good idea; this is definitely not in his favor since he could receive misdemeanor charges for leaving the scene.)

- Mixon has acquired an attorney and they have filed charges against the lady for assault. Not clear whether or not they have filed anything regarding the alleged racial slur(s), which at this point, are still in question as well.

- The lady supposedly went through 4 hours of surgery on Monday, as reported by her in a phone interview with a local station on ..... Monday night.

- Mixon is still in Norman.

lrp out

from beyond the dmz ......

- Mixon was with a group of young men, presumably other players.

- I have heard that he had not been drinking; the young lady was apparently quite inebriated. This is probably in his favor if true.

- When police arrived on scene, Mixon had already left. (you would think that at least one in the group would have advised him that that was not a good idea; this is definitely not in his favor since he could receive misdemeanor charges for leaving the scene.)

- Mixon has acquired an attorney and they have filed charges against the lady for assault. Not clear whether or not they have filed anything regarding the alleged racial slur(s), which at this point, are still in question as well.

- The lady supposedly went through 4 hours of surgery on Monday, as reported by her in a phone interview with a local station on ..... Monday night.

- Mixon is still in Norman.

lrp out

Supposedly there is a 911 tape, and supposedly there is video of the altercation which is quite graphic.

Rumors abound as to what happened. He called her a lesbian. She called him the N word. He said something back. She spit on him. He punched her.

Supposedly there is a 911 tape, and supposedly there is video of the altercation which is quite graphic.

Rumors abound as to what happened. He called her a lesbian. She called him the N word. He said something back. She spit on him. He punched her.

Saturday night in Oklahoma, baby.

Second time I've heard of a video. Surprised it hasn't surfaced somewhere by now.

Between OU fans defending Mixon and Ravens fans giving Ray Rice a standing O when he showed up at the 1st practice, it's getting damn hard for me to be a football fan.

Back