What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'14 CA RB Jomon Dotson (Signed to Washington)

Re: '14 CA RB Jomon Dotson

Very nice pickup. Great offer list, good speed. Welcome

So pumped about this. Goes without saying this is a huge position of need and Jomon is tearing it up.

:nod: Go Buffs!!

lose by 41 points and still get a top 100 California recruit/top 50 RB recruit - :congrats:

What a pleasant surprise to read this after such a tough loss. Excited to see Jomon on the field in a CU jersey!

Very excited by this pick-up, and will watch his vids tomorrow. Methinks if he was from SoCal he would be more highly recruited

fr3645.png

WELCOME TO THE BLACK & GOLD!!!!!!!!!!!
:dance2::dance2::dance2::dance2::dance2::dance2:

Nice pick up. Another really smart, fast, athletic kid. Very happy with this commit! Welcome aboard!

Outstanding! Tremendous speed and looks great in highlights. Very bright. Welcome Jomon. Bring it!

Very sweet. He was one of our must gets I thought for this class. With Adkins showing real potential and Powell playing well again the future at RB is looking very promising.

Now we need another PRich :)

His official numbers so far this year from the DC:

Dotson has a listed 4.45 40-time and has put up huge prep numbers at American Canyon. As a senior he has 74 carries for 1,001 yards (13.53 yards per carry) and 16 touchdowns in five games.
That is ridiculous. 13 ypc, > 3 TDs per game, and about 1 TD for every 5 carries (i.e. 20% of his touches end up in TDs). I know some have said they may have suspect competition but that dude can ball.

This is a really good pickup. The type of player that flashes on the highlights right away. Now let's get at least one more RB and I will be very happy.

Mike Mac hitting the NorCal recruiting grounds hard. Seems to be a pretty talent rich area that is often overlooked. Good for us.

This is a really good pickup. The type of player that flashes on the highlights right away. Now let's get at least one more RB and I will be very happy.
Not sure another RB will be a priority for HCMM. In fact I don't think it should be. Given that the ideal is to balance out the classes-roughly 1 person for every 22 starting positions and given our weakness on the OL going forward, WR and TE, LB, etc. I think it would be a waste to get another RB unless it is someone like Ballage who could play at multiple positions.

I say this b/c not only does Adkins look like a real good back, HCMM is on record recently as saying Lindsay is the most impressive player currently RS-that he looks really good and quick. Plus we have a few more years of Powell and Dotson looks like the real deal. I say move on to weaker areas of our roster-we know there are many.

Not sure another RB will be a priority for HCMM. In fact I don't think it should be. Given that the ideal is to balance out the classes-roughly 1 person for every 22 starting positions and given our weakness on the OL going forward, WR and TE, LB, etc. I think it would be a waste to get another RB unless it is someone like Ballage who could play at multiple positions.

I say this b/c not only does Adkins look like a real good back, HCMM is on record recently as saying Lindsay is the most impressive player currently RS-that he looks really good and quick. Plus we have a few more years of Powell and Dotson looks like the real deal. I say move on to weaker areas of our roster-we know there are many.

I completely agree with what you are saying about balance, but keep in mind that HCMM likes RB's. He takes them and puts them at LB and Safety. If they have good vision, and decent quickness then he thinks they can be an asset anywhere on the field. Just because he takes a RB/Ath does not mean that is what they will play. We need a stud WR cuz P-Rich will likely be gone after this year, and we need a stud OT.

Back