What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'14 CA RB Squally Canada (Verbal to Washington State)

I liked him. Would love to have him transfer here.

I never quite understood why a RB would choose to play in that offense unless he was more of the "3rd down back" type who was more of a slot receiver anyway.

Because of the transfer rule, he's probably best off to spend a year at a JUCO and then be a January transfer next year.

I liked him. Would love to have him transfer here.

I never quite understood why a RB would choose to play in that offense unless he was more of the "3rd down back" type who was more of a slot receiver anyway.

Because of the transfer rule, he's probably best off to spend a year at a JUCO and then be a January transfer to CU next year.

Fify.

So, for those less familiar with his options:

1. transfer to Juco for Spring semester, play next fall, and reopen recruiting process.

Plus - he gets to play real football in the fall, potentially improving his options
Minus - he could suffer an injury or not do enough to yield scholarship offers (he would have 2 years to prove himself if needed)

2. transfer to a 4-year school, on scholarship this January (outside the PAC12)

Plus - guarranteed to get education paid for without risks stated in options 1 above. No need to go minor league.
Minus - not eligible to play in fall, so Scout team only.

3. transfer to a PAC12 school, NOT on scholarship this January. Must wait one year in residence before receiving scholarship.

Plus - guarranteed to get education paid for without risks stated in options 1 above. No need to go minor league.
Minus - not eligible to play in fall, so Scout team only. No scholly for 1 year.

We don't really know if option 2 will be available for a P5 conference. These transfers are always risky unless the staff really knows the kid, which I believe our staff does in this case.

He would fit nicely in terms of class balance as fast forward to 2016 (Basically I like having 1 guy per class and we didn't get one last year)

2015 RB - RS-F
Canada - SO
Lindsay - JR
Adkins - SR

Based on Bebe's catch below, I amended this post and frankly, don't see him coming here on his own dime for a year. If he wants to stay in the PAC, Juco is an option.

Last edited:
It's not clear to me that we were recruiting him as time went on. We were out of the conversation for a long time, but when we lost the RB to UW, it's not clear to me that we thought of Canada as a replacement.

Good catch - I always forget about that. So if he transferred within the PAC12 he wouldn't be able to receive scholarship aid for 1 year. Amended my post above.

Back