What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'14 CA S Glen Ihenacho (Verbal to Oregon)

White_Rabbit

Club Member
Club Member
Rivals
Scout
ESPN
247 Sports

i

Junipero Serra H.S. (Gardena, CA)

Ht: 5'11"
Wt: 180
40: 4.48

Rivals Rating: 3*-5.5rr; unranked S
Scout Rating: 3*; #35 S
ESPN Rating: 3*-77 grade; #62 S
247s Rating: 3*-87 rating; #77 S

Reported Offers: COLORADO, Arizona, Arizona State, Cal, CSU, Fresno State, Houston, Illinois, Miami, Oregon St, San Jose State, UCLA, Utah, Washington, Washington St.

Last edited by a moderator:
[video=youtube;a-A3mDdgky0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-A3mDdgky0[/video]

[video]http://www.hudl.com/athlete/784578/highlights[/video]

Offer popped up on Rivals a few days ago.

Both of his older brothers played at SJSU. The oldest one was before Mac's time there, but the middle brother played under Mac.

Duke Ihenacho is on the Denver Broncos practice squad.

nice find WR, especially the SJSU connections.

That first interception and return on his film is pretty noteworthy. 4 solid PAC12 offers in March.

Offer list is pretty nice. USC is evaluating as well.
This is the type of recruit we can pull when we are showing some life on the field.
Very unlikely coming off just having been Embreed.

He's starting to blow as he picked up 4 offers this week from Arizona, Fresno State, San Jose State, and UCLA.

Read more: http://colorado.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1515444

Safeties position coach Charles Clark is one of those whose interest has been peaked by Ihenacho, who said he's known Clark longer than any other suitor. His brother Duke, who is now on the Denver Broncos' practice squad, played under Clark at San Jose State.

Another brother, Carl, played linebacker at San Jose State with Clark and head coach Mike MacIntyre on the staff. The family ties leave Colorado with a valuable playing card in their hand.

His 40 time isn't listed, but looks like he ran a 4.48 at a Sparq combine in San Francisco, so legit speed here.

Nice info, lawdogg.

We really need to find a safety in this class who can push for early playing time. We may very well have some true freshmen play a lot this season at that position, but they need to be pushed. An athlete like Ihenacho will accomplish that goal.

Getting him on campus for a visit will be huge, which sounds like is going to happen. This guy has the speed we need at the safety position.

That's a heck of an offer list. Maybe I missed one but it looks like every PAC 12 school offered except Stanford, USC and Oregon. He looks like a stud recruit. If he picks CU that'd be a big get for us.

Got the sense that UCLA might be the leader at the moment. Agreed with others that a visit could go a long way for us here.

Got the sense that UCLA might be the leader at the moment. Agreed with others that a visit could go a long way for us here.

Since he's already familiar with our staff I hope they host him in Boulder and that he visits us last.

I think the Bruins are the leader too.

What could help is the Bruins may hold out for guys like John Smith (Poly is a feeder school) because they can be very picky after signing Goodman and Willis last class. They also lead for Iman Marshall in next year's class.

I think the Bruins are the leader too.

What could help is the Bruins may hold out for guys like John Smith (Poly is a feeder school) because they can be very picky after signing Goodman and Willis last class. They also lead for Iman Marshall in next year's class.

I would guess that if they are going to take a safety this year, it'll probably only be one so that would help. As far as Marshall, I believe that he's more of a corner and USC is a heavy favorite in getting him.

Been hearing some good things about his brother, Duke, with the Broncos thus far. Might be an advantage if his brother makes the team, so he has family close.

Been hearing some good things about his brother, Duke, with the Broncos thus far. Might be an advantage if his brother makes the team, so he has family close.

Fingers crossed.

Glen Ihenacho is one of my favorite prospects that CU is in on this cycle.

'14 CA S Glen Ihenacho

Mike Adams was on the Fan today saying Duke is one to watch for. I agree it would only help if he makes Broncos.

Strong Safety is one of the Broncos biggest competitions this camp. They have Adams, Carter, Bruton, Ihenacho and maybe Webster competing there. Good luck to him, play the best man! I woudn't be surprised if the Broncos cut Adams in favor of youth. They did it last year when they cut Drayton Florence.

I think Adams sticks. As far as Glen is he the highest rated player in this class that we have a serious chance for? W/out looking I think a top 40 player at his position is the highest. This is assuming we really aren't in on Ballage.

Re: '14 CA S Glen Ihenacho

I don't think Ihenacho makes anything more than the practice squad this year.

They have Moore, Bruton, Adams, Jammer , and Carter. Unless he can beat out Adams, I just don't see him on the active roster

I would guess that if they are going to take a safety this year, it'll probably only be one so that would help. As far as Marshall, I believe that he's more of a corner and USC is a heavy favorite in getting him.

UCLA picked up a safety prospect tonight in Ron Robinson, so hopefully your prediction that they only take one safety is accurate.

UCLA picked up a safety prospect tonight in Ron Robinson, so hopefully your prediction that they only take one safety is accurate.

I could be wrong but I believe they took two last year. But maybe Mora just doesn't like the roster so who knows.

Back