What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'14 CA SG Chris Sandifer (Verbal to UTEP)

buff4bcs1985

Yeah, I'm thinking I'm Back!
Club Member
Rivals
Scout
ESPN
247sports

1057432.jpg

Junipero Serra H.S. (Gardena, CA)

AAU Team:

Ht:6-foot-5
Wt:180 lbs

Rivals rating: 4*; unranked SG (#97 overall)
Scout rating: 4*; #19 SG (#87 overall)
ESPN rating: 3*-75 grade; #45 SG
247s rating: 4*-92 rating; #18 SG (#83 overall)

Reported Offers: Colorado, Loyola Marymount, San Diego State, UNLV

Last edited:
Nice little write-up from ESPN. Sounds like he's an electric scorer who can light it up many ways, but the big knock on him is a low release point. Left handed and they expect him to be a 3 at the next level.

Sandifer is one of many reasons why many scouts are excited about the future of west coast basketball. The class of 2014 has a solid group of Division I prospects at the wing spot that have major upside, and Sandifer is one of them.

Spent last season at Price H.S. before transferring -- which is where Ski played. So they should have overlapped one year. This year's team had 2012 CU target (and SDSU signee) Skylar Spencer and 2013 PG Chance Murray (who has an impressive offer list for a 3*).

Nice little write-up from ESPN. Sounds like he's an electric scorer who can light it up many ways, but the big knock on him is a low release point. Left handed and they expect him to be a 3 at the next level.

Spent last season at Price H.S. before transferring -- which is where Ski played. So they should have overlapped one year. This year's team had 2012 CU target (and SDSU signee) Skylar Spencer and 2013 PG Chance Murray (who has an impressive offer list for a 3*).
sorry goose i tried to make it right

Sounds like he'd be a great get for the program. Bet surprising that we're the only school to offer to this point.

"It's going well, I'm hearing from a lot of schools and I'm starting to narrow it down," he said. "San Diego State is obviously standing out, because it's close to home and they have a good program. Colorado, because I'd get to play in the Pac-12, I like them too. That's it, those two are pretty high."

http://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1512766

Also says he plans on making a decision in about a month when AAU ball is over.

I don't think we need another 6'5" wing, but it's hard to say "No" to a Top 100 prospect.

'14 CA SG Chris Sandifer

I don't think we need another 6'5" wing, but it's hard to say "No" to a Top 100 prospect.

Such a great problem to have. Who would have thought five years ago that we may have to turn away top 100 players? Incredible.

I thought I'd read awhile back that Sandifer really struggled in a couple of tournaments this spring. I wonder if he'll keep that top 100 rating?

I always kind of assumed it was Sandifer that Boyle was referencing in this quote about King:

"There was one wing on our list who was as good or maybe a little bit better but there was no guarantee we were going to get that guy."

Since he's speaking in the past tense, it seems to be one or the other. That being said, would Tad have communicated to Sandifer that they went in a different direction before now? Would Tad turn down a shooter like this that he was on very early? He has seemed to be a pretty strong CU lean from the beginning, and if he really does want to play at CU, I can't see Tad turning him down unless he has a really strong feeling about a top big like Adams. Also, an unexpected scholarship or two seem to open up each year, although there seems to be quite a bit less wiggle room for 2014.

I always kind of assumed it was Sandifer that Boyle was referencing in this quote about King:

"There was one wing on our list who was as good or maybe a little bit better but there was no guarantee we were going to get that guy."

Honestly, that was exactly what I thought too.

One thing to remember is that Adams is planning on committing sometime this summer too, so we should have an answer there soon. If we land Adams, I honestly don't think we take Sandifer unless Tad is confident in something changing (attrition, XJ going pro, etc.)

Big doubts over whether this kid will qualify. Also a very me-first player according to SDSU guy on Rivals.

I want this guy because we can't turn down a top 100 player! Competition will make everyone better. I can see our practices being tougher than games!

We could have the most number of lefties on a college bball team ever with XJ, Scott (he seems to like the left more anyway so I'm putting him in here), Fletcher and Sandifer. Has a college team ever had 4 lefties? That will definitely help us on the offensive end.

week later, mizzou gets another big commit. I think Sandifer is going to struggle finding a home.

[video=youtube;0pLFQ7eXzjo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0pLFQ7eXzjo[/video]

Back