What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'14 CA WR Brayden Lenius (Signed to Washington)

If the Pirate is offering? then the kid has pretty good hands.. Would take him at WR and tell him to go up and get the ball on the fade and corner jump balls, we have not had that at Colorado for a long time, if ever?

McCoy and Hackett dis agree..

Added offers from Utah and Washington.

http://colorado.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1588493

Minnesota, Colorado, Miami and Idaho have also reached out to the West Hills Chaminade wide receiver so he's waiting to see if other schools get involved in the coming weeks.

"I'm going to wait until after the state championship and see what happens," Lenius said. "I'll be doing my visits in January."

Intriguing prospect. I'm glad that our coaches are looking at some bigger WRs.

I wish he had a listed 40 time. It would make it a lot easier to figure out if he's a legit 6'5" receiver or if he's a future TE.

What's the obsession with turning this dude into a TE? He transferred mid year and didn't get to play right away, but he's quick, tall and has good hands. I hope he comes to Boulder and if he does I hope he plays WR. TE should be far down the list of ways to use him and only a worst case scenario IMO.

Its limited film I will give you that....but he isn't overly fast so I wouldn't give him a great chance of getting open against really good CB but he would eat safeties and linebackers for lunch all day in college

What's the obsession with turning this dude into a TE? He transferred mid year and didn't get to play right away, but he's quick, tall and has good hands. I hope he comes to Boulder and if he does I hope he plays WR. TE should be far down the list of ways to use him and only a worst case scenario IMO.

Yep.

Its limited film I will give you that....but he isn't overly fast so I wouldn't give him a great chance of getting open against really good CB but he would eat safeties and linebackers for lunch all day in college
Mike Evans for aTm isn't very fast and he had no trouble getting open this year. Receivers who are 6'5" can us there size to make up for what they may lack in speed. As long as he has quick enough change of direction skills he will get open and could be a deadly receiver. Personally I think he is quick enough, and if he came here I think he should start out at receiver.

Mizzou did really well with WR-type TEs during the Chase era. I think it'd create even bigger mismatches between Pac12 LBs and Safeties if we did that.

With that said, we don't have to have to turn this guy into a TE.

'14 CA WR Brayden Lenius

I dunno, on second thought, Calvin Johnson could be a really special TE. If the Lions were smart they'd ask him to add about 30 pounds and work on his run blocking this offseason. :yeah_right:

Megatron runs a 4.35.
Your argument is invalid.

Megatron runs a 4.35.
Your argument is invalid.

Yeah, you know if I was an idiot my argument was that Lenius was as good as Calvin Johnson. The argument is that guys can have a bigger impact as WR's and we should try someone there and try to get them to stick before automatically moving someone to TE because they're tall. McCullouch is tall and he'd be crap as a TE.

fwiw, Scout listed him as a TE in its coverage of the CA CIF Championships.

1255655.jpg

Yeah, you know if I was an idiot my argument was that Lenius was as good as Calvin Johnson. The argument is that guys can have a bigger impact as WR's and we should try someone there and try to get them to stick before automatically moving someone to TE because they're tall. McCullouch is tall and he'd be crap as a TE.

If he weighs 215, a move to TE makes sense. You seem to think TE is receiver Siberia.

Back